The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

Hi,

Yeah, I've ridden the Florida version, so I'm down with the story. I just wanted to hear it in English, in Paris, but I guess that isn't going to happen.

Ok, so the Chicken Exit in the Boiler Room takes you into the ride exit corridor which leads to the photo displays. Right. That's useful info for the some of the people in my group. Personally, I can't wait to get ON the ride :-)

mehdi5

I rode it on December 31st 5 times, i already rode it at the previews but finally got to ride the english version of the main ride :D

RnRCj

Quote from: "mehdi5"I rode it on December 31st 5 times, i already rode it at the previews but finally got to ride the english version of the main ride :D

Do you know if the English narration was the same as DCA's? Or was it a different person? :?:

mehdi5

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "mehdi5"I rode it on December 31st 5 times, i already rode it at the previews but finally got to ride the english version of the main ride :D

Do you know if the English narration was the same as DCA's? Or was it a different person? :?:
It was the same version as at DCA.

CafeFantasia

So there IS an English version of the Paris ride. So if I'm visiting WDS, how do I get to ride the ToT in English instead of French? That was my original question.

Kristof

Of course there is, you can ask the Cast Member that does the elevator loading, but I don't think they will always switch the button.

bikemonkey

Don't get too excited.  Phantom Manor originally had a great pre-show voiced by Vincent Price (you can hear it on doombuggies.com after some trawling) but it was phased out after they figured out the demographic was more French than English biased.

Kristof

It was not phased out, it was completely replaced. At Tower of Terror a cast member can push a button to change the language, while at Phantom Manor there's no such thing.

Flounder

Quote from: "Alan"So there IS an English version of the Paris ride. So if I'm visiting WDS, how do I get to ride the ToT in English instead of French? That was my original question.

The CM kinda interacts with the guests and tries to find out whether there are more english or french speaking peeps on the elevator. They are doing a pretty good job in my mind. I was lucky to ride both the english version and the french one. Since my french is not the very best and I really love the english voice I prefer the original version - it is much more authentic.

Cheers,
Flounder

experiment627

Quote from: "Flounder"Since my french is not the very best and I really love the english voice I prefer the original version - it is much more authentic.

True - though it has to be said that Disney did a very good job with choosing a good French voice actor. (But to be fair, I still prefer the French voice of Star Tours' Rex than the English original... which is rare, but the character much more charming in French... but I digress...)

Timbo

When we rode the ToT in Dec we were only asked once out of three times ,how many people were English and how many were French;so I have to say they are not very consistent at checking everytime !!! Would have been great to hear an English version though !!

RnRCj

Quote from: "Alan"So there IS an English version of the Paris ride. So if I'm visiting WDS, how do I get to ride the ToT in English instead of French? That was my original question.

You could speak really loudly and say things like: "I hope this ride will be in English!", then maybe a CM will hear you and put the ride in English mode. :lol: That might not work though :P

experiment627

You could speak really loudly and say things like: "I hope this ride will be in English!", then maybe a CM will hear you and put the ride in English mode. :lol: That might not work though :roll:

Uhm... why don't you just ask the CM directly?

RnRCj

Quote from: "experiment627"

You could speak really loudly and say things like: "I hope this ride will be in English!", then maybe a CM will hear you and put the ride in English mode. :lol: That might not work though :P

Uhm... why don't you just ask the CM directly?

I was joking :wink:

Kristof

Trivia: The button to switch the language is located on the right of the sliding door on the elevator itself.  :wink: