Solo traveller on a budget, advice?

Started by Stacykg, November 13, 2018, 10:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stacykg

Hi, So I haven't posted on here for a while, I visited DLP in December 2016 and it was magical. We did 5 days 4 nights in Santa Fe with Eurostar transport.
I arrived home Saturday from the most expensive holiday I have ever done, 2 weeks in Walt Disney World, it was amazing and I loved every minute but I am now suffering with Disney blues!
I have been looking at booking DLP but as a solo traveller this time and I can't decide what is going to be best! I am limited to time off work so have been looking at May half term. I have seen the Disney coach trips, a Disney dash at £149 but it is only one day in the park. Or I could do 3 days for £399 at Santa Fe, but that doesn't include single occupancy fees or a 2nd day in the parks ticket cost, plus its a painfully long journey via coach.
Would it just be more beneficial for me to book flights, transfers, off site hotel and Disney tickets myself?
What have you done as a solo trip before? If DIY is my best bet what has been you're experience of cheapest days to fly and stay?

TIA for any help and advice.

ZINDERELLA

Hi There

I too am looking to do a budget trip next year. What airport would you be flying from?
2007 Halloween- Santa Fe
2009 May 1/2 Term- Newport Bay
2010 Halloween - Sequoia Lodge
2010 Xmas - Newport Bay (the one we won!)
2012 May 1/2 Term - Sequoia Lodge
2013 July - Magic Circus
2017 Magic Circus