Discovery Annual Pass Questions

Started by ScotnSteph, August 15, 2018, 06:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScotnSteph

My husband and I will be taking our first trip to Paris the end of November 2018 to meet up with our daughter who will be doing a study abroad semester this fall in England. We live in the US and are huge WDW fans/passholders and can't wait to visit Disneyland Paris. We will be staying in the Val D'Europe area for 7 nights and be splitting our time between Disney and central Paris. I was planning to buy three day tickets and then I saw the AP prices. It would be less expensive to get the Discovery AP and that would allow us to visit the parks on more than 3 days. As I have explored this option, I had some questions.

1. If we were to buy our Discovery AP passes at the park on Friday, November 30th would our 2nd and 3rd day blockout on this pass be Saturday and Sunday, Dec 1st and 2nd? It seems obvious, but these are blockout days for the pass already. Or would the fact that those are already blockout dates, extend our 2nd and 3rd day blockout to Monday and Tuesday?

2. I have read that you can order your Discovery AP by mail ahead of time to avoid this 2nd and 3rd day blockout. As the blockout days will have already passed by the time we would arrive. I see reports of people doing this from the UK, Ireland, etc. Is it possible to do this from the US?

Thanks for your help!

NCC1701Q

1. No - it's the 1st and 2nd day after purchase, regardless of any other "planned" blockdays. So they do not extend.
2. Yes - that's possible but does not change the blockdays on December 1st and 2nd.

ScotnSteph

Thank you for your assistance. I am glad to hear that the blockout dates won't extend. The timing should work nicely for our trip.