National Treasure: Book Of Secrets (2007)

Started by Jon, June 01, 2007, 10:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

//http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/nationaltreasure/
i'm quite looking forward to this coming out... so i just thought i would post it! :)
If we don\'t have the key, we can\'t open whatever it is we don\'t have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don\'t have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?

Soap

I'm looking foward to this one too! Just sit and enjoy the adventuring ride!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Anonymous

Looking forward to this, I thought National Treasure was highly entertaining.

Punky

I thouht National Treasure was not as good as the Indy movies, but it was nice, so I´m looking forward to see this one.
If you dream it, you can achieve it!

Anonymous

Well, to be fair, it takes a lot to top the Indy movies (just think, Indy IV next year).

But it was a good adventure in the style of the Indiana Jones films. Same feelings about the Tomb Raider films really. Fairly good popcorn movies, not in the same league as Indy, but good fun.

Punky

Me, so totally Indy fan! Love him, love him, love him!
I´m so looking forward to see Indy IV next year. But at the same time, I´m scared it might won´t be good. It could ruin .... not everything but pretty much. #-o

And yeah, National Treasure is a great popcorn movie.
If you dream it, you can achieve it!

Anonymous

Never thought George Lucas has put a foot wrong before - despite what some might think of the Star Wars prequels. Don't see why it won't be good. I think they'll play up the age factor on Harrison Ford too.

Looking forward to it.

Now imagine if they could get Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher to agree to some Star Wars sequels.

:lol:

Bopshop

I'm so excited about this movie - I loved the first one.  I can't believe I'll have to wait until at least December to see it.

Anthony

Bump.

Disney have launched a new competition based around the locations in the film: http://www.thenationaltreasuretrail.com/

I'm not really sure what you have to do.

Anthony

Just saw the first TV spot for Book of Secrets over here, also advertising that website above (which I still don't really understand). Does look good, though Nicolas Cage still creeps me.

The funniest thing though is the number of times they mention "WALT DISNEY PICTURES presents" .. "from WALT DISNEY PICTURES"... etc. Must be a really strong factor in getting people to the cinema these days, especially after Pirates.

peep

^Yeah I kept noticing that too, keeps me amused :P

They are heavily advertising over here already, I can't believe how many times I've seen the TV spots now, it seems to be on constantly, and we still have a couple of weeks till release.

At first I didn't want to see this film but those TV Spots are really brainwashing me into wanting to go now lol.

btw, I hate Nic Cage.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

lil-shawn

on saturday i was watching the movie in here in germany and i like it very much, it is not so good like the first one, but i laughed a lot, there are a lot of funny scenes!!

-breeno-

Hi,

I going to see this tomorrow but i havn't seen the first one, i was wondering will i be able to understand the story of it even though i didn't the first one, if i do need to see it can someone please give me the basic plot of the first one (use a spoiler so it won't ruin it for others and not the Book of secrets, the first one).

"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

GeoffD

good film, really enjoyed it
(never seen the first one, you don't need to understand it though. Will be buying the first one now)

Javey74

Yeah, just seen National Treasure - Book Of Secrets.  A brilliant film in my opinion, quite fast paced, bit like the last 'Bond' film.  

Funnily enough I bought National Treasure for £5.00 just the other day, I watched it and really enjoyed the film, so a few days on I waited with anticipation to see the 2nd one at the cinema, seen as I had a week off work.

It even had 'Randy Travis' in it, one of my favourite New Country singers.  All in all, fantastic.  I would definitely buy it when it's released on DVD.  :D

It is true that you don't need to see the first one to follow the storyline, but saying that it is better for understanding the characters and the general background, as their is several references to the original film.  :wink: