Magic with a 4 Year Old

Started by Vadania, April 03, 2018, 12:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vadania

This year will be my LO first visit to Disneyland- I am *so* excited!!

I've never gone to a Disney park with a child before, only with my DH... any advice?

We're going on September and he'll be nearly 4.

Top attractions?
Top rides?
Random things to get up to?

polar vixen

watch peter pan before you go, then split up at skull rock, (little one with a parent of course) arrange a time and place just in case and then play hide and seek. my kids love it and ask that we play it every time, even above doing rides.  Character meals, and breakfast is the cheapest option are a lot less stressful than queueing are the best way to meet characters, esp. for little ones.....as for rides, casey junior, peter pan, small world, autopia, buzz, possibly star tours, in the parks.  If your child hasn't seen or isn't familiar with any of these movies try to watch them for Disney movie nights before you go., or download to watch en route, (the Disney life ap is only 4.99 a month and really good for that.)
Don't miss the shows and parades as these are always excellent. Slinky dog and cars in the studios also great for little people.
Have an awesome time!

Pete's Dragon

From the experiences of my kids when they were 4:

• Buy them a costume, it'll be worth it.
  • Make sure they get plenty of fruit/orange juice. Too much park food can block up their innards
  • Lots of rests, even an afternoon nap.
  • The Snow White ride can be pretty scary as it focuses too much of the evil queen.
  • Casey Jr train ride is a good test for Big Thunder Mountain.