Disneyland Hotel, is it worth the extra?

Started by Kseck3, March 26, 2018, 11:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kseck3

Hello.
We have stayed at Newport Bay, Sequioa Lodge x2, Camp Davey Crockett x2.
I was wondering if staying at the disneyland hotel was worth the extra money???
It's £700 more for the 4 nights.
I have 3 girls and my husband has said this will prob be our last trip as girls are getting a bit older he wants beach holidays in the future!!!
Also we would be driving so if we stayed there, is it easy to park near the hotel?
Many thanks
Dlp1995 - camp Davy crocket
Orlando 1995 - villa
Dlp1997-Newport bay
Orlando - 1998 -villa
Dlp- 1999 Newport bay
Dlp-day visit 2007
Dlp-March 2013 - Sequioa lodge-with dd
Dlp-May 2014-Sequioa lodge- x2dd....golden Forrest
Dlp- March 2019- Newport Bay....Compass Club

Greg

We've stayed at Disneyland Hotel and Newport Bay Club and prefer the redone Newport Bay.  The rooms at DLH are larger, but they are pretty tired.  Unless you have issues with the walk from NBC, I'd recommend staying there and perhaps upgrading to Compass Club or a suite. 
June 2009
May 2012
April 2013
June 2014- Disneyland Hotel
April 2015
April 2016 - Newport Bay Club
September 2016 - Disneyland Hotel
January 2017 - Newport Bay Club
October 2017 - Newport Bay Club
April 2018 - Newport Bay Club
October 2018 - Newport Bay Club

DLPWonders (Banned)

The hotel has, just like all the other hotels, a parking in front of the hotel.
Do I personally think it's worth it? Absolutely not.
In my opinion, the Disneyland Hotel is 100% without a doubt the most overrated hotel I've ever stayed in.
The quality does not in any way live up to the price. Cheyenne is much better if you ask me.
And in the end, it's just a bed. Once you close your eyes, it's all the same. Save yourself the money and maybe spend it on a nice meal.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Kseck3

Orlando 1995 - villa
Dlp1997-Newport bay
Orlando - 1998 -villa
Dlp- 1999 Newport bay
Dlp-day visit 2007

Kseck3

Just booked Newport Bay compass club room :))))))))))))
Orlando 1995 - villa
Dlp1997-Newport bay
Orlando - 1998 -villa
Dlp- 1999 Newport bay
Dlp-day visit 2007

Girlwiththemostcake

I had to giggle at you saying it might be your last trip as your girls are getting older. Our first trip was when our youngest was 17 months old. I've just booked for us to go in October by which time she'll be 24! My 27 year old son is also coming and my 25 year old daughter (who can't come as she lives in Australia) is very jealous.

I went with my son and daughter last summer for the first time since they were teenagers and we had a fabulous time. Disneyland with adults is a very different experience than with young children, but no less fun. You're never too old for Disney!

We're staying at Newport Bay this time. We stayed in New York last year which was great due to the location, but will be closed by October. A friend recently stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and reported that it was disappointing and not worth the money.

Zee79

My hubby expected more family/beach type holidays when my girls got older, they are now 15 & 11, we are off to DLP in 2 weeks and WDW July 2019 and they are planning a DLP trip for 2020 haha
My brother stayed in the DLH and said it was nice but not worth the money and happy staying in the Cheyenne and Davey Crockett.

Pete's Dragon

Bigger room and super close to the park. Nice? Yes. Worth it. NO. Only stayed here as it was my honeymoon.

cjebs

its a great hotel to visit but it is definitely getting a tired look about it. if you are used the the refurb with the other hotels recently then it can be a dissappointment in that regards. as it is next after hotel new york for a major refurb probably due to be done for new expansion launch in WDS. after which i think it may be worth its premium pricing again.

having stayed there at feb half term the fact you are on top of the park was a major bonus in the cold weather so its a convenience upgrade primarily in that regards but if does have a bit of a more magical feel about it compared to the other hotels as the victorian theming fits so nicely with main street and the entrance of the park.

i dont think i would go back until its refurbed, as others have said a compass club or golden forest upgrade is far better value. as the kids get older look at the suites available for VIP fast passes which are brilliant for thrill riders especially at the peak times. the golden forest suite was around a 1/2 the price for 2x suites compared to 1 4 person CC room.

fairymom

For the current prices, definitely not.
We stayed there 2 years ago for my birthday and I managed to get it super-cheap by booking only for one adult and adding the rest at check in for free. We all have AP's. I still found it at the upper limit of what we would pay for a hotel (around €300/night) but we really, really loved it and felt super special staying there.

We especially loved just walking in after Dreams and falling into bed rather than making the trek on the bus or through the village.

Ravenseye

Just an idea but what we do is go enjoy the ambience of Fantasia bar , that way you get a DLH feel whilst enjoying the fact that you didn't pay around 400 quid a night to stay there. It's lovely!
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...