Bonfire parties Nov 17

Started by bluelady, May 22, 2017, 01:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluelady

Has anyone done the bonfire party?
We picked up a brochure from the travel agent and saw it listed under special events, but have never heard of it before. 6th, 8th and 10th Nov. Has finally swayed our decision to visit that week because our wedding anniversary is 5th November and makes up for not being able to manage Halloween.

NeverNotFun

If I'm not mistaken the Bonfire is not really a party, but a huge fireworks/music show at the lake between the different hotels. It's quite spectacular and makes you wonder why the lake isn't used more for this sort of events.

jj554

We have done this same week twice and really enjoyed it.

A big fireworks display over the lake and still quite a quiet time of year so no long queues for rides in our experience.

Highly recommended! Enjoy your trip :)

Trips so far
April 2011 - Sequoia Lodge (First ever DLRP trip)
Nov 2011 - Newport Bay Club (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2011)
Sep 2012 - Hotel New York (20th Anniversary Celebrations)
Nov 2013 - Hotel Cheyenne (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2013)
Dec 2015 - Disneyland Hotel (Disneyland at Christmas)

bluelady

They call it a 'party' but I gathered it was just fireworks over lake Disney. But no actual bonfire then, or toffee apples and such like?

jj554

It may have changed since our last visit but there is no party to speak of. The only fire involved is some flames shooting during the fireworks display over the lake and there is no actual bonfire.

Don't let this put you off as it's still an enjoyable experience. At least you know roughly what to expect ahead of the time.

Which hotel are you staying at?
Trips so far
April 2011 - Sequoia Lodge (First ever DLRP trip)
Nov 2011 - Newport Bay Club (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2011)
Sep 2012 - Hotel New York (20th Anniversary Celebrations)
Nov 2013 - Hotel Cheyenne (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2013)
Dec 2015 - Disneyland Hotel (Disneyland at Christmas)

bluelady

Hopefully Sequoia GF. So hopefully a view from there on one night? But equally will be outside at the front of the railings!

NeverNotFun

Outside viewing will be best. There's a lot of big trees in front of the windows of the Sequoia Lodge rooms.

loladelorean

Hello! Reviving this thread to check whether anyone knows if something will be happening on 5th Nov itself, or if it's just the 6th and other dates listed here?
My sister in law is planning a trip with her two boys for the first time in November, and I'm helping them out. They'll be there from 3rd-6th but leaving during the day on 6th. I'd hoped they might get to see the special fireworks, but doesn't sound like it.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

claire2281

Posters in the Village currently say that Halloween is being celebrated there from 1st Oct - 5th Nov then bonfire night on the 6th, 8th and 10th. So it seems that the 5th will still be Halloween themed I'm afraid.

The fireworks, being over Lake Disney, are free for anyone to come and watch so whilst they are nice I wouldn't feel too bad about missing them. They're not very 'Disney' from what I recall and it's just like any big fireworks display you could go and watch in this country.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne