Which Hotel is best for a couple?

Started by nico0, September 30, 2017, 10:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nico0

Where hoping to head off Disneyland Paris early next year for a special birthday, it will just me and my boyfriend.  Which hotel is best for ''grown ups'' ?
Thanks a lot

loladelorean

It depends on your tastes and budget - clearly all of the hotels will have families there too, but I reckon you can enjoy any of them as grown ups. I'd particularly recommend either Hotel New York, Newport Bay or Sequoia Lodge  - as I say, it depends on your budget and personal tastes.
I've not managed to get my partner there for more than a day yet but if we were to stay I'd probably go with Sequoia Lodge because it's my personal favourite! Hotel New York is probably the most adult theme, but it's also looking a little tired while it waits for its renovation.

All the hotels have big comfy beds, and nice themed bars. I'm sure you'll have a good time wherever you choose!
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

bad-pink-tink

All of them

Disneyland is not just a kids place. Families, couples, friends, solos stay in all the onsite and partner hotels for various reasons. Im a solo female traveller and so far I have stayed in 3 of the 6 onsite hotels.

Instead of asking which is best for adults, decide the hotel on the following factors

1. Budget - how much do you want to spend

2. Hotel facilities
Is the hotel just somewhere to sleep and store your things as you will spend 12 to 14 hours every day in the parks or are you looking for things such as a pool, gym, spa, etc and restaurant/ bar to chill out in. Also you do not have to be a hotel guest to chill out in a restaurant / bar. You can stay in one hotel and spend every evening/ night in the restaurant / bar of a different hotel.

3. How far from the parks and Disney Village to you want to be? Do you want to have a small walk and not have to use the free shuttle bus, or do you not mind a longer walk / always using the free shuttle bus

4. Have you an interest in a particular theme or are you not bothered about themeing. Are hotel aesthetics important to you? Would you only want to stay in a hotel with a nice view or are you not bothered about the view?
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

aj2703

I watched this just the other day actually.

It looks lovely. I'd probably book it for myself and a partner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BeAQHHuBQE

stormflm595

Quote from: aj2703 on November 09, 2017, 10:41:32 AM
I watched this just the other day actually.

It looks lovely. I'd probably book it for myself and a partner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BeAQHHuBQE

Me and my partner stayed at Newport Bay September of this year. It's gorgeous and has a great bar that we spent every evening in
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

RobinV1987

The most romantic stay has to be Seqioua lodge, you stay in a big forest feeling hotel, the theming (if you like rustic) is amazing. You can have a nice evening stroll on the paths trough the foresty area, or get drinks at the brilliantly themed lodge bar (comfy couches included next to the massive fire place).

New Port Bay also has brilliant aquatic theming, but if you don't like grand white New England buildings then it's a setback.

Personally I wouldn't book Hotel New York, it just looks like a huge New York Hotel (ironically), and if you've stayed in 4 star hotels then you won't see much magic in it.

And if money is no subject to think twice about then I'd suggest to book the Disneyland Hotel, it's amazing, bit overpriced, but amazing.