Birthday

Started by Becki, August 09, 2017, 07:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Becki

Hi I am looking for advice, I am visiting  next June and the day we arrive is my daughters birthday. Because we will be spending the morning travelling I want to make it really special for her, I am booking dinner at inventions and a cake but I didn't know if anything else is available.
thankyou

DC

When you arrive go to Town Hall and say it's your daughter's birthday. They will give her a stick or pin (not sure what) to wear and CMs will pay extra attention to her. Besides that I don't know which perks birthday people have.

Becki

Thankyou do you know if it is possible to arrange balloons etc to be placed in the room we are staying in Newport Bay.

DC

They do extras like that if you contact them but I don't know if you'll have to pay anything.

Nicola

Warning this post is expensive... My hubby turns 50 in the park. After speaking to the suites department, who informed me I couldn't upgrade our DLH room as there is 5 of us and the DLH suites only sleep 4 maximum. He put me in touch with the events department. They will put balloons in rooms etc and provide customised cakes etc, I am sure you can imagine how the sky is the limit. However their starting price/ minimum spend is around £300. We have done birthdays in the park for the children before and just done a character dinner and cake it was always really special and provoked bouts of my famous "Mummy is happy tears". A few years ago we were there for one of the children's birthdays and a cast member in a store dialled a number for my son to speak to Mickey who wished him Happy Birthday and provoked more Mum crying. What we have done is taken our own room decorations previously and have decorated the room when the children are sleeping for the morning etc. They don't have to know who did it :)
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

Becki

Thankyou for the reply yes £300 is a bit much for extras I have just emailed that department but this is going to be out of my price range. I have just ordered her a princess tutu and tiara way to early but very excited and couldn't wait. I may take your advise and try to get into the room before her and put a few bit up for her. I didn't really want to travel on her birthday but the only way we could do it and I just want her to still feel special.

MrsRoachy

The boutique at Newport Bay is directly opposite the check in desk. If you have others with you that can look after her you could get them to take her round the shop while you quickly go to the room and decorate before meeting them back in the shop and all going to see the room together

tigger1974

Hi

When I stayed at the New York for my 40th birthday we took our own banners with us. My mother explained when we checked in that it was a special occasion and they were more than happy for us to put them up ourselves. As a previous response has mentioned you can get a phone call from a certain mouse which is quite special.
The New York was brilliant to me I have to say. On the actual day of my birthday I got a card from the hotel management and a gift basket containing a large selection of toiletries which I have never used as I do not have the heart to break it up!
A few years ago whilst staying at the Santa Fe it was my mother's birthday and we were surprised when someone came along to the room and gave us some chocolates for her.
Go to City Hall and make them aware it is your special day and they will make it even more of a day to remember.

Enjoy

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

Becki

Thank you for you response glad to find out we can take our own banners etc, my husband is going to try and sneak off and sort it. Its a bit tricky as we are staying at a premier in the night before and travel early via Eurostar on her actual birthday not the way I wanted to it but I am hoping the excitement of being in Disneyland on her birthday will make up for it. This gift basket sound really nice and something special you get to  keep.
Now just counting down the days which is the hard part.

tigger1974

20170909_092824 byTiGGer74!!!! , on Flickr

Here is a photo of the gift basket - as I say it is now nearly 3 years old and I've never used any of it!

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

Becki

Thankyou for sending pic  its really nice I wouldn't use any either. We think we have a few things sorted now hotel does a package so we will balloons in room along with a large mickey soft toy (no idea how we will get this home) and a flower. Plus will be booking inventions for a meal and cake. Only problem now is the wait.