3rd december 2017 - best places to eat and parade times

Started by cathyc, August 25, 2017, 06:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathyc

Hi
We're going to Disney on the 3rd December 2017, we'll be there for my daughters 7th birthday.... so excited.

We've booked the meal plan plus - what are the best places to eat and do we need to pre-book?

Does anyone know the parade times? this would be handy to know so we can work meals around that.

Do they have a fireworks one evening and if so what day and time do they normally start?

TIA

Cathy

claire2281

Best places to eat depends on what your daughter likes. Auberge is an obvious one as it's the princess meal and for a little girl's birthday it's great but it isn't included in the Plus meal plan so you'd have to pay a supplement on top of using the vouchers.

I would definitely pre book if you're there at a weekend. Weekends are normally busy, December more so.

Parade times aren't confirmed until much closer to the date however the parade will have to take place during daylight hours so whilst it's currently at 17:30 it's more likely to be around 15:30. Someone can probably remember a more accurate time from previous years than I can right now.

Disney Illuminations, the castle show with projections, fountains and fireworks, happens every day at park closed. Again not confirmed yet but likely to be 8pm at that time of year. It will likely be a Christmas version of the current show. It also appears that there's going to be something similar-ish in WDS this year as they've been testing projections on the ToT.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

PlumBelle

Last year main parade was 17:30 and Christmas parade was 12:15 and 14:00 (from 10/12-16/12 programme, Sunday to Thursday times)
I'm also going on 3rd Dec this year and these are times I'm working with until I know otherwise.
Easter 2000 - Cheyenne
November 2004 - Santa Fe
22nd May 2011 - Santa Fe

6th-10th June 2012 - Seqouia Lodge
Christmas 2016 - Santa Fe
Christmas 2017 - In the planning stages!

cathyc

Quote from: PlumBelle on August 30, 2017, 09:12:06 AM
Last year main parade was 17:30 and Christmas parade was 12:15 and 14:00 (from 10/12-16/12 programme, Sunday to Thursday times)
I'm also going on 3rd Dec this year and these are times I'm working with until I know otherwise.

That's brill thanks for the info.

cathyc

Quote from: claire2281 on August 26, 2017, 09:52:41 AM
Best places to eat depends on what your daughter likes. Auberge is an obvious one as it's the princess meal and for a little girl's birthday it's great but it isn't included in the Plus meal plan so you'd have to pay a supplement on top of using the vouchers.

I would definitely pre book if you're there at a weekend. Weekends are normally busy, December more so.

Parade times aren't confirmed until much closer to the date however the parade will have to take place during daylight hours so whilst it's currently at 17:30 it's more likely to be around 15:30. Someone can probably remember a more accurate time from previous years than I can right now.

Disney Illuminations, the castle show with projections, fountains and fireworks, happens every day at park closed. Again not confirmed yet but likely to be 8pm at that time of year. It will likely be a Christmas version of the current show. It also appears that there's going to be something similar-ish in WDS this year as they've been testing projections on the ToT.

Thanks for the reply all really helpful..
We've booked the Disney princess lunch for her birthday and we've also booked the buffalo bill show.... Trying to work our other meals around the shows and parades eg.

Pete's Dragon

I would suggest buffets - Plaza Gardens in the park or La Grange (above Billy Bobs) in the Village. Handy if you have fussy eaters like me

Jbop123

Quote from: Pete's Dragon on September 04, 2017, 02:53:50 PM
I would suggest buffets - Plaza Gardens in the park or La Grange (above Billy Bobs) in the Village. Handy if you have fussy eaters like me

Also restuarant des stars has alot of choice though it closes early every day (it's in the studios) Find that booking buffet style is great as you don't have to decide what youre in the mood for!! fancy a burger? thats okay! fancy pasta? they have that! fancy a big place of only deserts? you have come to the right place!

Hope you're littlen has a fantasmic birthday =]

2bigkids2weekids

Hi, we went early December last year with our almost-4 year old daughter and our 1 year old son. We didn't get meal vouchers just had breakfast at Hotel New York then use Disney Village during the day for food. The night parade was at 5.30pm, every night, we used to get the kids a McDonalds Happy Meal at about 5pm and go straight to the park and let them eat it in their buggies, meant we got a front row seat on the footpath for the parade as it fills up with crowds quickly and some people don't care if they block your young child's view, so you have to get your spot and stand your ground! The fireworks display was around 7pm every night, which was great for our younger kids as they were exhausted by 8pm so they didn't miss out. We paid extra for breakfast  with the characters which was fab and saved us queuing in the park to meet them, the queues are pretty long! Our trip was Monday-Thursday so the parade times were earlier during weekdays and queues were shorter. My friend went at the weekend last December and she only got a few rides done per day because of the longer queues, and the parade and fireworks were later at night so they only got to see it once as it was too late for their little girl - a day in Disney wipes the little ones out! Hope you have an amazing time, we're going back on 10th December and I can't wait x
Hotel New York - December 2016
Booked for Santa Fe - December 2017

claire2281

Quote from: cathyc on August 25, 2017, 06:26:26 PM

Does anyone know the parade times? this would be handy to know so we can work meals around that.

Now they've released the Christmas details we know the Christmas parade is going twice a day and the main parade once. The main parade will probably be quite late then for that kind of year (5pm ish) and I seem to remember the Christmas parade being between 3-4. Someone else might be able to remember the other time it runs.

Also the tree lighting ceremony is happening again and I have a hazy recollection that used it be around 6pm.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne