Captain Jack's Restaurant des Pirates thoughts and feelings

Started by Ehg_92, August 18, 2017, 10:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ehg_92

I have seen a lot of opinions about the new Captain Jack's Restaurant some good,  some bad and some at the extreme ends of the scale.
I can't decide whether to reserve a table or not in November
My wife and I loved the Blue Lagoon so don't want to miss out if it's good, but don't want to end disappointed if it's bad
Any view is appreciated

Ehg_92

My plan is to eat a main meal lunch time because we go in November and want to see Illuminations every night but don't want dinner stupidly early, but do want to eat in the park.
days
Monday (Arriving mid afternoon)
Lunch: Pizza at Colonel Hathi's
Dinner: Beaver’s Creek
Tuesday
Lunch: Captain Jack’s
Dinner: Buffalo Bills
Wednesday
Lunch: Inventions
Dinner: Cape Cod
Thursday
Lunch: Bistrot Chez Remy
Dinner: La Grange at Billy Bob’s
Friday (departure)
Lunch: Pizza at Colonel Hathi's

I have prebooked BBWWS and inventions and have the half board plus meal plan staying at the Sequoia Lodge standard room (breakfast in the hotel because I didn't book the current offer)
I would like to try and stick to the meal plan and not pay extra unless a strong recommendation can be made for a certain place

With this plan in mind should I do Captain Jack's or swap it for somewhere else? 

Ehg_92

macca1476

It is pretty much the same as the blue lagoon with a couple of bits of Jack theming. My wife and kids all enjoyed their food, as did i.

Just out of curiousity, why Colonel Hathis twice and no visit to Hakuna Matata? (other than that it looks good and i am jealous even though i'm back in 2 months :D )

Ehg_92

It's a surprise trip for my wife and she said that colonel Hathi's was her favourite quick food place last time we went and on our arrival and departure days i wanna get the most out of the park and not spend and hour or more in a restaurant so counter service for the speed, Colonel Hathi's for it being the favourite 😁

DisneyFan43

we went in June when it just opened. we had the plus food vouchers and were very worried about eating here as I don't like fish too much but with it being linked to pirates we booked a table. When the menu was released i didn't like the look of the Plus menu, but once there we decided to try it and pay the difference for the premium menu and try it. It is now one of my new favourite restaurants! Hadn't been in when it was Blue Lagoon but the food was brilliant, and I'm a fussy eater! It is worth going in and we definitely think paying the extra for the premium menu was worth it.
Visited DLP; May 1994, Dec 1995, May 1997, Oct 1997, May 1998, Oct 1999, 2000, Halloween Soiree 2003, 2004, NYE 2005/2006, Feb 2007, Feb 2009, May 2013, Oct 2015, July 2017, March 2018

loladelorean

I can't help as I haven't been since it changed but I'm commenting so I can follow as I'm also interested in the answers! We have always been big Blue Lagoon fans, and I like the look of the new menu so we probably will go back in January.
Good meal planning, your week sounds delicious  ;D
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

Ehg_92

Quote from: DisneyFan43 on September 30, 2017, 04:48:24 PM
we went in June when it just opened. we had the plus food vouchers and were very worried about eating here as I don't like fish too much but with it being linked to pirates we booked a table. When the menu was released i didn't like the look of the Plus menu, but once there we decided to try it and pay the difference for the premium menu and try it. It is now one of my new favourite restaurants! Hadn't been in when it was Blue Lagoon but the food was brilliant, and I'm a fussy eater! It is worth going in and we definitely think paying the extra for the premium menu was worth it.
How much did it cost per person for the upgrade?