What clothing for December?

Started by Ilovebeautyandthebeast, July 18, 2017, 12:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilovebeautyandthebeast

Hi
We are in the planning stage but hopefully booking tomorrow to go in December - my children will be 8 and 2.

What did your family wear at this time of year?  How many layers? 

Do you think a waterproof snow suit for my 2 yr old?  Tshirt, jumper and Ski jacket for my 8 yr old?   Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks  :)

grovesie

We have been in the cold months many times. I would definitely use ski suits for both kids, if you can get a 2 piece set, this gives you a little flexibility should it be a little warmer one day and it's definitely easier at bathroom time. We did the same and bought ours from ebay really cheaply as they wouldn'twear them again. Another important item of clothing will be waterproof shoes or boots

Pamela

It would depend where you're from, I guess. It's all about what you're used to. I guess most countries around France have roughly the same temperatures, so I guess if you're from somewhere around France, the climate in your own country will be a good indicator.

It's alsof up to how much cold you can take. I know that when we went last year, I wore a thick coat, scarves and gloves and my boyfriend was (most of the time) fine with just his warm wintercoat.

I would recommend to always bring something waterproof, especially shoes. You don't want wet shoes, they're the worst. Also see if you can bring a couple of ponchos, just in case!

Have fun!

Ilovebeautyandthebeast

Thank you for the advice!!  Much appreciated xxx