Help with Oct half term planning please!!!!

Started by Jbop123, July 17, 2017, 04:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbop123

Hey guys, heading do DLP 29th OCt - 2nd Nov for halloween and obvuiously the parks are going to be MANIC due to half term both here and in Europe.

Not sure what times to book restaurants though! we don't want it to be crazy busy (I've been in plaza gardens before where you had to wait 20 mins in a line just to actualy get the food!) but also would rather not miss any shows or parades as never been during halloween before!

Families with children, what time do you usually eat? it's just me and my boyfriend going so we don't mind waiting till late to eat.

We are on free half board meal vouchers at Santa Fe, but don't using them face value for some things. Obviously we no longer get the hotel breakfast anymore (boo) but BF doesn't eat breakfast so I'm sure he'll share his voucher! haha

Plan so far is
Sunday - plaza gardens, again don't know what time for the later, maybe late lunch? as we'll want to hit our pillows right after illumination. I think we should get to the hotel for half 1. (cutting it too fine for inventions brunch  :'()

Monday - ADC though I don't know what time is best to go!

Tuesday - late lunch at restaurant des stars (3ish) to set us up for the soiree!

Wednesday - We're thinking of heading to paris this day due to the public holiday possibly adding to park crowds! maybe do billy bobs this night

Thusday - toying with plaza gardens breakfast and then annettes before our flight catching magical express around 5:30

does this sound like a good plan? BF has never been before isn't the biggest disney fan so want to make sure he gets a good taste of the magic  ;)

any help would and advice would be appreciated! Especially if you have experience with high level crowds at DLP, never been when it'll be THIS busy before, but SO excited for halloween!!!

claire2281

The main general tip I would give is to definitely eat outside normal meal times. My friend and I just got back and whilst it wasn't packed every day it was reasonably busy. We found eating our main meal at about 3pm meant we could just walk in to anywhere (counter service as my friend is too much of a fussy eater for any of the restaurants!) and not have to wait. People with children are more tied to set meal times so it's a great advantage if you can be flexible. We then used to just pick up snacks from the Deli or Casey's in the evening.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

grovesie

I would try and avoid restaurants just after the parade. Most people will head off to eat before returning to the park for the evening