Decent (cheap!) vegetarian options

Started by Marie2003, June 12, 2017, 02:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marie2003

Very excited to say that I'm going back to DLP in August with my best mate, who's a vegetarian! She's never been before and I have to admit I've never looked twice at a menu option without meat in it, so I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of tasty veggie options?
We're only there for two days and massively on a budget (students...  ;) ) so are only looking at counter service in the two parks and the village, preferably around or below 15 euros per person per meal. At the moment we're considering the veggie burger at the café hyperion, the four cheese pizza at colonel hathi's, the taquitos at fuente del oro, and something  from earl of sandwich (love that place). If anyone's eaten any of these and can comment on what they're like, that would be amazing, as would any other recommendations!
Thanks guys  :D
August 2003- Offsite
August 2008- Offsite
August 2016- Sequoia Lodge
August 2017- Cheyenne
August 2018- Cheyenne
December 2019- Sequoia Lodge

Lavi

Earl of sandwich is your best bet. They also have tasty soups.

NHDisneylover

I agree, for budget, good vegetarian choices Earl is going to be by far the best option.

I haven't been to Vapiano or 5 Guys at DLP, but if they are the same as elsewhere, they'd also be tastier than what is in the parks (though perhaps a bit priceier).  In the Us Five Guys has a sandwhich with all the veggies and melted cheese on the bun--just no meat.  And Vapianos would have a variety of pizza, salad and pasta options.

CitrusZing

I've had the 4 cheese pizza at Colonel Haithi's / Belle Notte a few times and have always enjoyed it. The garlic bread is nice too.

Last Chance Café does a sweet corn soup (which I am planning on trying tomorrow).

DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

ZoeG

I stayed in August 2016 for 6 nights, both husband and I are veggie.

For cheaper meals I would also recommend Earl of sandwich. They have a mozzarella and balsamic Panini and tomato soup combo which is delicious! Colonel Hathi's is awesome and we had it as our last meal on the last night, wish we had went sooner! The pizza and Garlic bread were so good, and the interior of the restaurant is outstanding. I am sure they have veggie lasagne as well. We also really enjoyed the Taquitos at Fuente Del Oro. In my experience, you would be best avoiding the more expensive places as a veggie anyway as they didn't have a wide variety. We went with a meal plan last time and felt that the cheaper places suited us.

I am starting to plan a third return trip for June next year and I also noticed that King Ludwig's do some veggie stuff, they do have happy hour too so worth checking that out! :) I am defo going to centre round these places rather than a meal plan, and maybe go somewhere fancy one night. The best fancy place we ate for veggies (Just In case you want to splash) are Inventions buffet and the Blue Lagoon! Oh the rainforest have a good veggie burger, and a pasta natural which is awesome!

Avoid McDonald's as they only do fries for veggies haha!

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Marie2003

Thanks a lot everyone!
Definitely going to head for colonel hathi's and earl of sandwich; very glad to hear that the taquitos are good, fuente del oro's fajitas are probably my favourite food in the park, and I was a bit worried we'd have to eat somewhere else!  :o Good to know we can both have a tasty meal there  ;D
August 2003- Offsite
August 2008- Offsite
August 2016- Sequoia Lodge
August 2017- Cheyenne
August 2018- Cheyenne
December 2019- Sequoia Lodge

AJDisney

I'm vegan and have to say that it isn't easy eating at DLP. I even brought the vegan passport with me (it details in multiple languages what vegan is, the things I can't eat and the things I can) and even then, the cast members thought I was vegetarian! Food items in stores like Auchen aren't labelled vegetarian either, so it makes it hard with meat flavoured items, which are usually vegetarian as you can't be 100% sure.

There is a Vapiano near the cinema in the Disney Village, which is great. Labels everything as vegan and as it's all made fresh, you can easily ask for amendments if needed.

We also had pasta at Bella Notte (also available at Colonel Haithi's (but that's currently closed)). In terms of the Studios, we were able to get a vegan sandwich at Blockbuster Cafe.

It's actually such a shame as Disney World and California are known for their amazing veggie options. Paris is lacking for both Vegetarians and Vegans.
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

seraphelle

If you can stretch to it, please go to Rainforest cafe and have the Tuki Veggie burger. You can thank me later  ;D

Oh and if she is a fish-eating veggie (like me- but I can never remember what it's officially called, pescatarian maybe?) then the Risotto with Cod in King Ludwigs is amazing xx
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019