Explorers Breakfast

Started by clairabell13, April 26, 2017, 12:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clairabell13

Morning everyone.  I have a feeling I am going to drive everyone mad with all my questions... and I still have over 12 months until we go.

Anyway, this may sound daft, but its just a thought.

For those that have stayed at the Explorers.. I know that breakfast is buffet style, with cold meats, croissants, toast, cheeses etc.  Now, this may sound a bit cheeky.. last time we were at Disney, we would take snacks with us for during the day, and then eat a meal of an evening at one of the restaurants.

So my question is...  have any of you ever took a few croissants, or pain au chocolat from breakfast to use as snacks in the park?  I am sure I have read a thread on this before, but it was a few years ago. I have been away with people to different places, and known a few to do this (not people at Disney), and was just curious as to whether this was something some people did?
October 2011 - Apartment in Bailly-Romainvilliers
May 2012 - Apartment in Bailly-Romainvillers

September 2018 - 12th Wedding Anniversary at Explorers Hotel - so excited!

Slimy yet satisfying

In the Disney hotels I have seen some people come prepared with Tupperware and plastic bottles creating a sandwich conveyor belt at their table. More often than not it is ignored by the staff. I have also seen people being asked to empty out their plastic bags into bins by staff so it is luck of the draw. In the partner hotels the dining areas are smaller and quieter so it isn't really done as you have a high chance of being caught, there are also signs on the tables and walls saying that removing food is not permitted. It's a bit cheeky really to expect that your B&B rate also includes your snacks and/or lunch, although nobody is going to mind a sleepy child taking an apple or croissant for later on if they are too tired to eat early. A cool box is a no  no!  :-[
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

clairabell13

Thanks for responding.

We were away last year with some people in a Holiday Inn, and a few of them would take bread rolls and fruit from breakfast to have later.  I had never seen it before, and have bee curious ever since as to whether this is normal practice, or even accepted.  And then I started to think... is it me?  Am I missing something here lol.  :-\
October 2011 - Apartment in Bailly-Romainvilliers
May 2012 - Apartment in Bailly-Romainvillers

September 2018 - 12th Wedding Anniversary at Explorers Hotel - so excited!

never2old

We were in the Explorers a couple of weeks ago. They do have a sign asking people not to take food out, but we took some croissants out with us wrapped in their tiny napkins and no one said anything. Though I wish I had taken a little bag or something, I had croissant crumbs all over my bag!!