Magic shuttle

Started by chalky0123, March 19, 2017, 11:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chalky0123

I've heard different reports on the length of time (30 mins to 90 mins) the shuttle takes to/from CDG. I'm wanting to maximise time in the parks so would a private transfer be better/faster?

stormflm595

It's always been around 45 minutes for me. I've gotten private as well and never again... they turned up over an hour late and were very rude!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

norhel

The actual driving time is about 45 minutes.
And then it takes a few minutes to stop at each hotel.
Have you checked if TGV could be an option?
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

samuelvictor

Yeah I just came back from there and used the Magical Shuttle for the first time both there and back. It took about an hour each time, but could take longer when busy as it stops at every hotel and lets people on and off.

My experience of the shuttle was mixed. Once on it was fine, nice coach, comfortable drive, and if boarding from Terminal 2 its easy to find. However, we first tried to board at Terminal 1 (as it also goes from there and that was the soonest) but there were no signs at all and we got completely lost and wasted an hour wandering round the airport. :-[ On the way back we arrived in plenty of time for the shuttle (at the stop by the station) but it arrived late, and then proceeded to drive right past us without stopping! (Apparantly you are supposed to flag it down). Luckily we asked the driver of another bus why he drove past, and he radioed over to the driver and they turned back and picked us up... caused a lot of stress & delays, but at least we weren't stranded having missed the last one :)

The TGV would be much faster (15 mins) and about the same price, however I would highly recomend booking your ticket early and working out where to catch it from etc. beforehand. When I went previously and tried to book a ticket just before travel, it took ages to find it, and then I had to queue for an hour to get my ticket...