First time visit - help with meal planning

Started by Belleforever, February 20, 2017, 08:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belleforever

Hi everyone
I am visiting Disneyland for the first time in July  for four nights with my little boy  ;D ;D....... staying in the new York hotel and have half board plus meal plan.
I am trying to decide on restaurants to eat in for our stay and was hoping you lovely people could help me out a bit. My little boy is exactly a fussy eater but would like his burger/chips/nuggets that kind of thing and some of the menus are probably a bit out there for him.
we have kinda set on Annettes diner and buffalo bills show (as long as we can use our vouchers and just pay the extra  ;)) what other restaurants would be good for us??
also wondering if you have to eat of the set menu on our plan or can we go a la carte and just pay the difference??
any help would be much appreciated  :D :D

lilacpoppy

Hi!
One of our favourites is definitely cafe Mickey! My youngest is a little fussy, but loves it here as they do pizza ect, and the characters come round to all the tables while you eat, its a fantastic experience!
With buffalo bills, you can pay the extra (we have), you can phone up and do it over the phone, i think i phoned my hotel to do it.

This time we're going to try one of the buffets and see what they're like.
Chez Remi is another fave as the decoration is amazing, but the menu is a bit limited, but if you go onto the disney site, you can look at all the menu's in advance, then decide which is best for you!!

Hope you have a great time  :D

dlpowl

Characters are being removed from Cafe Mickey very soon, pretty sure they will be gone by July.

claire2281

They leave Cafe Mickey at the end of March. Plaza Gardens will take over the character breakfasts but at the moment only Auberge and inventions are listed as having lunch and dinner with the characters. I don't know if a cheaper option will be added to those two. I know in the past they used to do things like lunch at the Cowboy Cookout.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Belleforever

Thanx for the help guys...... pity bout the characters being removed but might still give it a visit as menu seems to suit the little boys taste   :)
will look into inventions to I think and probably do plaza gardens aswell.  ;D ;D