Full Board Plus meal plan voucher values?

Started by DannyDove, February 12, 2017, 07:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyDove

Hello everyone. Virgin poster here so sorry if it's already been asked, I did try searching with no luck.  :(

I've booked to stay at NewPort bay in June for 3 nights which came with half board plus free but have paid to upgrade to full board. I really just wanted to know what the value was of the lunch vouchers and then the dinner vouchers.

We went last year on only half board and remember the price of the voucher being about €40 each and about €25 for children but can't imagine the lunch voucher being €40 as well making it €80 a day.

If anyone knows how it works and could help ito be much appreciated.

Thanks

msRavenswood

Hello and welcome! Below you will find the value for all meal plans.

[attachment deleted by admin]

dlpowl

Quote from: msRavenswood on February 12, 2017, 08:31:14 PM

I've just been looking at this exact thing myself and trying to work out what the face value of the vouchers will be because before, when breakfast was included, the price of the Half Board meal plan could be used to estimate the face value of the voucher, you just had to convert the price to euros.  But now, the price of the Standard Half Board for example, is for a breakfast and a dinner voucher so we really need a breakdown. 

I've just looked on the DLP website but put my country of origin in as Ireland so I get a Euro price and it says the cost of standard Half Board per adult from 29th march onwards is €35, up from €28.  So some of that €35 will be allotted to breakfast and then the lunch/dinner voucher will be valued accordingly.  Does that make sense?  It's so difficult to explain what I mean. 

DannyDove

Thanks for the reply.

As the comment from dlpowl above has said breaking it down to value the lunch and dinner vouchers is a bit confusing.

The way I see it is if full board plus meal plan is valued at £53 total and half board meal plan is valued at £38, the £38 is the value for the dinner voucher leaving £25 remaining for lunch which works out to a total of £53 for the full board plus price.

Really confusing but thats all I could think it would be.

If my logic is correct £25 each for lunch doesn't give you enough for a table service but only really a fast food counter option. Otherwise you'd have to pay the extra 15 or so pounds to pay the extra for the table service menu.

:-\ :-\ :-\

dlpowl

Quote from: DannyDove on February 12, 2017, 08:54:24 PM

Thanks for the reply.

As the comment from dlpowl above has said breaking it down to value the lunch and dinner vouchers is a bit confusing.

The way I see it is if full board plus meal plan is valued at £53 total and half board meal plan is valued at £38, the £38 is the value for the dinner voucher leaving £25 remaining for lunch which works out to a total of £53 for the full board plus price.

Really confusing but thats all I could think it would be.

If my logic is correct £25 each for lunch doesn't give you enough for a table service but only really a fast food counter option. Otherwise you'd have to pay the extra 15 or so pounds to pay the extra for the table service menu.

:-\ :-\ :-\

That's how it would have been in the past, yes, but now there's breakfast to factor in because breakfast is not included in your hotel price now.  So that £53 is payment for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  This is what is confusing.

As far as I'm aware, the lunch voucher has only ever been for a counter service meal, it's always had a lesser value than the dinner voucher.  Someone may correct me on that but that's what I've always been led to believe.

polar vixen

Although if you've booked with a recent free dining meal your Deal doesn't actually jnclude breakfast in your hotel but a breakfast voucher to be used at an eateries in mainstream before 10.15 up to the value of 9 euros I believe. Was given this info by 2 cast members over the phone booking line so I'd phone up and ask if you need to know before  going

DannyDove

Quote from: polar vixen on February 12, 2017, 10:54:16 PM
Although if you've booked with a recent free dining meal your Deal doesn't actually jnclude breakfast in your hotel but a breakfast voucher to be used at an eateries in mainstream before 10.15 up to the value of 9 euros I believe. Was given this info by 2 cast members over the phone booking line so I'd phone up and ask if you need to know before  going

Thanks for the reply.

I was aware of this but as I've paid to upgrade to full board I'm now entitled to the hotels hot breakfast. Not sure of the value of it but have been told by Magic Break and Disney World company that is the case.

The break down of what you're actually entitled for is very scarce when it comes to Full board plus meal vouchers.

dlpowl

Quote from: polar vixen on February 12, 2017, 10:54:16 PM

Yes they told me the counter service breakfast voucher is worth €9 also but the hotel breakfast is more so I've no idea how they're going to work out the value of the dinner voucher because I'd imagine that they will be worth the same, regardless of whether you have a counter service breakfast as part of a free meal plan or whether you have paid for your plan and get a hotel breakfast.  The cost of the breakfast is in there somewhere hence why the cost of the meal plans has gone up.  I just wish Disney would give us some proper breakdown figures and make things clear.

polar vixen

I'm really glad you had more knowledge that me! I worked out it would cost us almost 500 to add breakfast to our trip....I might ask how much to upgrade to full board in the case. Thanks for telling us!

dlpowl

Just to throw something else into the mix, apparently the standard full board vouchers allow a buffet service for both lunch AND dinner now, giving them an equal face value.  Not sure if this is a new thing or not?

http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/meal-plans/

dlpowl

Done a bit more digging and it seems that yes, lunch and dinner vouchers are now all the same value and cover the same restaurants. 

DannyDove

Quote from: dlpowl on February 13, 2017, 03:49:49 AM
Done a bit more digging and it seems that yes, lunch and dinner vouchers are now all the same value and cover the same restaurants.

I've heard so many different things as regards lunch and dinner vouchers it's so confusing.

So from what you've found out, if you have lunch at let's say Annettes diner the full board plus voucher is €36.99 then you're able to go and eat in the steak house for dinner the voucher is €37.99, it's all covered?

Vouchers would be €76 just for lunch and dinner?

Sounds a lot of money in the vouchers. If true though, it'll be fantastic.

Elodie

I've been wondering about this too.

I can't remember which plan the £53 full board mentioned was for, but it sounds like the monetary value of vouchers is likely to be much lower than the value when used as an actual voucher for the appropriate level meal / restaurant.

I'm sure someone has already said this, but subtracting the £38 half board leaves £15 (not £25) for lunch. Based on the info we do have, that lunch and dinner vouchers will be identical now, and that the breakfast value (€9) needs to be subtracted, we can probably get a rough idea, but won't know for sure until the first guests receive the new vouchers in March.

Just going to convert all amounts to euros to figure out a rough value...

Elodie

Ok, so for standard plans, full board is €54. I assume that even if you're paying for a plan (which would include a hotel breakfast worth €16), any breakfast voucher would only be worth money if used at a counter service restaurant, so the €9 might apply to paid-for meal plans as well as free ones. I can't imagine the total monetary value being much higher than the cost, so the best guess is probably to subtract breakfast value from the full board cost, then divide the remaining amount. If they do keep vouchers the same value as the old dinner vouchers, it would probably be worth getting a dining plan even if you're planning to use them at face value every day, as there will be quite a good saving.

Standard plan: €54 - €9 leaves €45 for lunch and dinner, so maybe €22.50 monetary value per voucher. (But would be worth around €33 if used for a standard meal.) Old value was €28 though, so maybe that will just stay the same?
My guess: €22.50 - €28 value

Plus plan: €69 - €9 leaves €60 for lunch and dinner, approx €30 each. Old value was €35.
My guess: €30 - €35 value

Premium plan: €114 - €9 leaves €105 for lunch and dinner, approx €52.50 each. Old value was €59.
My guess: €52.50 - €59 value

It won't be as simple as any of that, I'm sure, but that's my best guess until guests start getting the new vouchers and can give us a definitive answer.

DannyDove

Quote from: Elodie on February 13, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
Ok, so for standard plans, full board is €54. I assume that even if you're paying for a plan (which would include a hotel breakfast worth €16), any breakfast voucher would only be worth money if used at a counter service restaurant, so the €9 might apply to paid-for meal plans as well as free ones. I can't imagine the total monetary value being much higher than the cost, so the best guess is probably to subtract breakfast value from the full board cost, then divide the remaining amount. If they do keep vouchers the same value as the old dinner vouchers, it would probably be worth getting a dining plan even if you're planning to use them at face value every day, as there will be quite a good saving.

Standard plan: €54 - €9 leaves €45 for lunch and dinner, so maybe €22.50 monetary value per voucher. (But would be worth around €33 if used for a standard meal.) Old value was €28 though, so maybe that will just stay the same?
My guess: €22.50 - €28 value

Plus plan: €69 - €9 leaves €60 for lunch and dinner, approx €30 each. Old value was €35.
My guess: €30 - €35 value

Premium plan: €114 - €9 leaves €105 for lunch and dinner, approx €52.50 each. Old value was €59.
My guess: €52.50 - €59 value

It won't be as simple as any of that, I'm sure, but that's my best guess until guests start getting the new vouchers and can give us a definitive answer.

This looks like the most probable idea. And could well be right. Thanks for commenting it.