Breakfast

Started by Disneylover99, February 07, 2017, 12:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneylover99

Hiya, I'm looking to book for Summer 17 and noticed with the new offer of 30% off and free half board plan that the breakfast included is from a counter restaurant in the parks? Does this mean we would have to pay extra for a hotel breakfast. And does anyone know what the options would be in the park?

disneymagic006

Hi the breakfast situation is all new as of March. Information suggests that a continental style breakfast will be served at videopolis in Discoveryland. I imagine the usual breads jam ham cheese etc. The hotels (3star up) will be serving hot breakfasts including sausage egg etc and this will be additional costs.  Not sure about santa fe and cheyenne. Another option will be paying more and having a character breakfast at plaza gardens.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

polar vixen

Eek! My favourite and only viable offer I wasn't expecting it yet! Now I'm off to check prices!

dlpowl

Well Im totally confused.  I've run through a quote for Halloween on the official DLP website for Davy Crockett and it said, 'this includes free Half Board which includes a counter service breakfast in the park".

BUT if you then go to the Meal Plan section on the website it says for meal plans from end March 2017 (so I know I've got the correct thing) that breakfast will be served at the hotel and if you're at Davy Crockett you will get a breakfast basket.  There's absolutely no mention of counter service breakfasts anywhere on here.  http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/meal-plans.html

Andybear

Why don't you ring them and ask for clarification.  That is what I do when I'm confused about something relating to my trip  :)

dlpowl

I will if I have to but I resent having to pay 5p a minute for the privilege!   Walt Disney Travel Company is freephone but they've given me inaccurate information before so I don't trust them, especially when something is new because half the time even the staff don't understand what is going on.

dlpowl

Whoop whoop!  I got some answers!

So, if you're getting Standard Half Board free as part of your package then you get breakfast vouchers to use in Disneyland Park at either Hyperion Cafe, Chalet Marionette, Cable Car Bakeshop or Market Deli.  Those restaurants will be adding breakfast items to their menus and you will have a choice of items.  They couldn't tell me exactly what they would be but she said "a drink and continental breakfast items".  The vouchers have a value of €9 and have to be used before 10.15am.  You can also use the vouchers at face value (€9) for a hotel breakfast but you have to pay the difference in price to what the hotel breakfast charge is.  She also said that in some of the hotels they have a 'Grab & Go' breakfast which you can use your voucher for.

If you have PAID for your Standard Half Board as an add-on then you get a hotel breakfast included.

You can also use your €9 breakfast vouchers towards a character breakfast at Plaza Gardens.  The extra to pay per person is £15.

Plaza Gardens will no longer be included in the Standard Half Board meal plan for lunch or dinner.

All that information was given to be by DLP so I'm assuming it is correct.

Slimy yet satisfying

They used to have breakfast in Chalet Marionette all the time as an option which was great after going in for EMH in Fantasyland...that was a long time ago tho!
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

polar vixen

I'm looking at booking the sequoia lodge in June on the 30 percent of and free half board now I assumed that would be half board plus but it seems that it says it includes a counter service breakfast as we aren't actually paying for the half board so we don't get breakfast at the hotel. Any thoughts? I'm very confused by the new system

dlpowl

Quote from: polar vixen on February 07, 2017, 10:19:57 PM
I'm looking at booking the sequoia lodge in June on the 30 percent of and free half board now I assumed that would be half board plus but it seems that it says it includes a counter service breakfast as we aren't actually paying for the half board so we don't get breakfast at the hotel. Any thoughts? I'm very confused by the new system

I only asked about the Standard Half Board as we are staying at DCR but I would've thought that the Plus Half Board option you get with Sequoia Lodge would've meant a hotel breakfast but if it says counter service when you've got your quote then it must be the same.  So I wonder, does that mean that even if you're staying at the DLH but having free Half Board then you only get a counter service breakfast?  Very odd. 

What level of Half Board did it say on your quote?  Did it say free Half Board plus?  So effectively you'd have a counter service breakfast and a Half Board Plus voucher for lunch or dinner?

dlpowl

Quote from: Slimy yet satisfying on February 07, 2017, 10:11:42 PM
They used to have breakfast in Chalet Marionette all the time as an option which was great after going in for EMH in Fantasyland...that was a long time ago tho!

Ooh, what kind of stuff did they offer at breakfast in Chalet Marionette?

Slimy yet satisfying

Pastries, jams and nutella, cereals, fruit and yogs, cheese, ham and mini baguettes, hot drinks, fruit juices and milk.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

dlpowl

Quote from: Slimy yet satisfying on February 07, 2017, 11:21:02 PM
Pastries, jams and nutella, cereals, fruit and yogs, cheese, ham and mini baguettes, hot drinks, fruit juices and milk.

Oh so it was set out like a buffet?  That does sound good!  Such a shame it won't be a buffet now.  It sounds like you'll get a croissant and a coffee and think yourself lucky!  Hahaa!

Elodie

dlpowl, who told you that Plaza Gardens was being removed from the standard plan? Is this info from a live chat / phone call? I was expecting that to happen, but just had a look at the T&C for the new offer, and it lists all the restaurants at each level, including PG still being at standard level.

Polar Vixen, apparently it really is counter service for all hotels and free dining plans! Very odd! Apparently WDTC says differently, but I put in dates for DLH and it came up with quick service breakfast. The T&C also state counter breakfast for all hotels and free dining plans, unless you choose to upgrade by paying the difference for a hotel breakfast.

It seems like there's a lot of conflicting information about the new offer, even from official sources, so I guess time will tell...

dlpowl

Quote from: Elodie on February 08, 2017, 01:10:38 AM
dlpowl, who told you that Plaza Gardens was being removed from the standard plan? Is this info from a live chat / phone call? I was expecting that to happen, but just had a look at the T&C for the new offer, and it lists all the restaurants at each level, including PG still being at standard level.

Polar Vixen, apparently it really is counter service for all hotels and free dining plans! Very odd! Apparently WDTC says differently, but I put in dates for DLH and it came up with quick service breakfast. The T&C also state counter breakfast for all hotels and free dining plans, unless you choose to upgrade by paying the difference for a hotel breakfast.

It seems like there's a lot of conflicting information about the new offer, even from official sources, so I guess time will tell...

It was DLP, I telephoned their usual booking line.  I also looked in the new brochure afterwards and it does still say that Plaza Gardens is included but she was adamant that Plaza was just going to be character dining from when the changes take place.

There certainly does seem to be a lot of conflicting info at the moment which doesn't surprise me really.  My advice would be to just get everything in writing so that if they have given you wrong information you can then prove what the terms of the sale were.  That's what I will do when we book.  Hopefully they will get their facts straight soon because if they don't even understand it then how are expected to!   :)