Started by YenSidBot, January 27, 2017, 09:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A&S&O

Quote from: Aladar on January 31, 2017, 12:52:54 AM
I wouldn't miss it at all!!! it's the worst attraction in Disneyland Park

Now there's a challenge!

Worst attraction anyone? Alice's Maze?
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Rocketeer

^I'd have to say no. Sure its a DLP original (with SDL now having one of its own), but I don't think I'd be too upset if it went. Although - as with Autopia - it depends on what replaces it.

If its some daft overlay (ie. Guardians Tower) then nothanks. They'd have to be a worthy replacement.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

A&S&O

Quote from: Rocketeer on January 31, 2017, 03:52:40 PM
^I'd have to say no. Sure its a DLP original (with SDL now having one of its own), but I don't think I'd be too upset if it went. Although - as with Autopia - it depends on what replaces it.

If its some daft overlay (ie. Guardians Tower) then nothanks. They'd have to be a worthy replacement.

It would have to be Star Wars related as its in in Parc Star Wars.

When are they renaming "It's a Small World" to "It's a Small Galaxy (Far, Far Away)"?
Then there's the new Pirates of the Caribbean overlay - Pirates of Mos Eisley.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Rocketeer

^Sorry I was generalising about the replacements of attractions with IPs.

Yes, sadly it will have to be Star Wars in Discoveryland. And seeings as its looking likely that Space Mt. is going to remain Hyperspace Mt., then if Autopia is replaced, then it's likely to be with the gang from a Galaxy Far Far Away.

Of course that is a big if. Removing Autopia surely wouldn't be all together that difficuilt - aside from digging up the concrete track. The bigger issue though is actually replacing it - unless the Burbank all of a sudden decides to be generous, I can see Autopia sticking around for quite some time.

I know folk say they will miss it, but think of the opportunities missed by not replacing it.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

YenSidBot

Would love to see Journey To The Centre Of The Earth or even a Marvel mini land ,  as long as it was up to Disney quality and gave Disneyland Park some new attractions . Hopefully a clone of the Hong Kong Disneyland Tommorowland Marvel additions are on their way
Next Trip 28 Sep - 5 October 18 :) :)

Pete's Dragon

I love Autopia, although Ive never managed to get onto the left hand starting lanes. life goal #1

Samanthad

My children love autopia! It's a keeper for us! Lots of laughs can be had on that when you have a crazy toddler driving!
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022

TVPaulD

My thing is Parc Disneyland badly needs new attractions and Autopia is taking up a lot of space for a very outdated attraction, but I know a lot of people love it for one reason or another. How about moving it to WDS, plussing it a bit and re-theming it? Might be necessary to make it take up less space but there are ways to do that. The upside is you get to say there's new attractions in both parks. My only concern is that you need to place it very carefully in WDS to avoid choking off more substantial expansion. As for the re-theme...I dunno, depends where it was going. From a glance at the overhead, I'd say put it at the back of Toy Story Playland and theme on slot cars (like Scalextric). Would also provide a good excuse to ditch the petrol engines and convert to electric.

But then again they've happily ditched Japan & Hong Kong's versions outright, so they're just as likely to throw it out. And I'll break with the Star Wars theme and say I think it's far more likely a Marvel Attraction would go in there, because I think they want to put Star Wars Land in Studios. I know they put the other two in the same parks as Star Tours, but in California it's in a completely different part of the Park so I don't know that they're wedded to the idea of them being linked and Paris's Season of the Force is being headquartered in Studios even as the rides are going in to Parc Disneyland. I think in Paris they want to spread the Star Wars around both Parks.

Rocketeer

^Agreed. Its more likely to be junked at some point. There's were rumours around Disneyland's version a few years back as well. The only thing saving that one, is that it was an opening day attraction.

Unless they convert the cars to all-electric, I can't see them keeping it. Firstly the (miniscule) pollution, and secondly the running costs.

Samanthad

Completely agree with you both... but I still would be sad to see it go!
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022

Rocketeer

The rumour mill is in full force today, with talk of the Magic Kingdom's Speedway being replaced.

QuoteTRON Lightcycle Power Run will open at the Magic Kingdom just before the park’s 50th birthday (probably 2020/21), replacing the Tomorrowland Speedway attraction which opened in 1971 as the Grand Prix Raceway. The Speedway will likely close sometime in 2018 to make way for this construction.
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/07/confirmed-tron-lightcycle-power-run-rollercoaster-replace-tomorrowland-speedway-magic-kingdom/

That'll be the third iteration of Autopia/Speedway that has been replaced. All three have been replaced by different attractions. (TDL>Beauty and the Beast, HKDL>Marvel attraction, MK>Tron).

Which makes me wonder... how long will the Parisian one last?

NCC1701Q

I'm guessing that all depends on the budget Paris will get once the share-buyout is complete :)

Rocketeer

Well there is that. And, the sizeable to-do list.... but where does Autopia fit on that list?
Could it be one of the first to go in order to make a Star Wars area?

A&S&O

Quote from: Rocketeer on July 10, 2017, 07:00:56 PM
Well there is that. And, the sizeable to-do list.... but where does Autopia fit on that list?
Could it be one of the first to go in order to make a Star Wars area?

I do hope they don't put Star Wars Land in Parc Disney. It belongs in the Studios.
Planning WDW 2019

Rocketeer

Well it's sort of there already - Star Tours and Hyperspace Mt. seem to indicate that's the direction Discoveryland is heading.

I'm not saying that the Autopia will be replaced with a complete version of the American Star Wars Lands, but I can see them adding another Star Wars attraction to the existing land.