So confused ahead of trip-to do meal plan or not?

Started by Cork girl, November 24, 2016, 10:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cork girl

Hi all,

So we are heading off in a little more than two weeks for our first trip. I honestly can't wait! We have three small boys, 7,5&4. All along I figured that we would go for no meal plans and go to say rainforest cafe for dinner each evening but now that we are so close I'm second guessing myself. I know it's probably down to the individual family of course. My boys wouldn't ever eat a full plate in rainforest cafe so I was thinking we could share....but then not sure if we will be eating chips every day doing that! We can get the half board standard option for €101 which includes tea time snack which I think I should good. Or can get the plus for €121.. I suppose my question is what kind of standard are the standard restaurants? I like the look of plaza gardens, I assume it's open year round? Or do you have a favourite that serves a good range or food, my boys love pasta! Or are the plus restaurants much better? Also if we did want to eat in our own hotel we can pay the difference, we are staying in newport bay, does anyone know how much the upgrade is? As I'm typing I can see myself going for the meal plan, it seems like better value all round...
Lastly, breakaway.ie have quoted us those prices for half board, can I get a better price elsewhere?