If they ever expanded Parc Disneyland

Started by Rocketeer, November 22, 2016, 08:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

After reading of the expansion of Hong Kong Disneyland with a Marvel Land and a Frozen Land (on top of the three added in '11-'13), it got me thinking......

Just how much can they expand Parc Disneyland? There's land in Frontierland, Adventureland and I think some in Fantasyland so they'd be perfect, but what about after that?

Could they feasably add much 'post-berm' like they have in HK?

And, while I'm boring you all with questions.... would you mind seeing the same model of expansion added in Paris? ie. three small, one attraction lands?

We've had one in the Studios with Remyland, so why not in Le Parc?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

stormflm595

I think some sort of expansion would be really beneficial to the park but please god, not a Frozen land! So bored of the hype now, it was good but not THAT good!

I'd like to see a Critter Country added between Frontierland and Adventureland if room permits with a Splash Mountain and an attraction exclusive to Disneyland Paris that would be open all year round, as I'd imagine a Parisian SM would be closed during the winter months.

Wishful thinking!!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Olivus Prime

Using the 25-year-old available space would certainly be a nice start, though I don't imagine that the attractions would feature anything other than "safe" IPs (as seen in the HK expansion).

msRavenswood

The main park cries desperately for new attractions!

I agree with stormflm595 about having a SM, if they can have water attractions at Villages Nature why not at DLP as well. They could also expand Indiana Jones coaster and perhaps add an indoors section with some elements similar to the ones in the US and Tokyo versions. And let's not forget a Beauty and the Beast attraction, one can wonder how a park located in France doesn't have such a ride! Plus it's one of the most popular Disney films and now that the live action movie will be out, it will be a great opportunity to build a dark ride based on the tale.

Rocketeer

Some excellent suggestions there.

What if they added another land outside the berm? It'd be unlikely that it'd be non-IP, but let's just use Mystic Point as an example. Not a copy, (as we've already got the Manor), but a non-IP based one-attraction land.... good idea or bad idea? It gets another attraction added, but it is just a one ride town.

Pretty much like Place d'Remy. Can't see them adding anything there, but the attraction that is there is the star of the show.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

princesspiggy

I'm all for a Beauty & the Beast-attraction. It's one of the most popular animated movies ever, it was even nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards and the story is set in France... The movie itself is still extremely popular, proven by the fact that the trailers of the live action movie are record breaking by most views in one day. Belle has always been one of the most popular princesses. Beauty & the Beast is already 25 years old making it a true classic and not a hype of the moment.

I think a Beauty & the Beast attraction & mini land (with Gastons tavern and Be our Guest-restaurant) would be a hit in Disneyland Paris!

macca1476

look at the map
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Disneyland+Paris/@48.8653318,2.7835764,3361m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x47e61d19ca7ae2bd:0x57faf8cb6310e660!8m2!3d48.8722344!4d2.7758079

I think Disney own (or are responsible for) everything inside that circle. Theres a large plot of land on the right where they could build a new park or a huge amount of land south of Studios where they could expand.

To be honest right now they have spent a large amount of cash bringing the park back up to the expected level and i would imagine they will wait to see how 2017 goes before committing to anything new.

But when they do decide to expand, would like Marvel, especially the Antman ride, in Studios. Some sort of Pixar place in Studios would be great, something like a dark RoboCoaster G2 Wall E ride or Up would be cool. Or in the main park an Expansion of Fantasy Land with Belle featuring (theatre show was cool at Studios Orlando).

A&S&O

Quote from: Rocketeer on November 22, 2016, 08:42:43 PM

Actually two, unless you're not counting Toy Story Land for some reason.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

A&S&O

Quote from: macca1476 on November 23, 2016, 12:58:09 PM
look at the map
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Disneyland+Paris/@48.8653318,2.7835764,3361m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x47e61d19ca7ae2bd:0x57faf8cb6310e660!8m2!3d48.8722344!4d2.7758079

But when they do decide to expand, would like Marvel, especially the Antman ride, in Studios. Some sort of Pixar place in Studios would be great, something like a dark RoboCoaster G2 Wall E ride or Up would be cool. Or in the main park an Expansion of Fantasy Land with Belle featuring (theatre show was cool at Studios Orlando).

Or maybe a Marvel Park (we can wish!), with the Studios and Parc Parks also being developed.

When we had a guided tour a few years ago, our guide told us that they had planned to expand the Parc park to the rear of Star Tours. They had even started to clear an area to tunnel under the railway, which is still vaguely visible. The are behind Star Tours shows car parking and storage, so it could still be possible.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

tigger1974

Hello
Parc Disneyland is in desperate need of new attractions.
As this years figures show both attendances for the parks and the hotels are dropping which is so sad after they did so well to start to turn things around.
The sad truth is people are not going to spend large amounts of money to go and see things they have already seen maybe many times before.... people want to be wowed again and again. Disneyland Paris has not had a new parade for 5 years now, when I go I don't watch it any more because I've seen it which is quite sad really as Disney are known for their parades and no new rides in the main park for what is it now?.. 10 years at least? I think I am right on this (but am happy to be corrected). Prices are going up everywhere across the parks and hotels (don't get me started on the breakfast business...) and it is really is almost cheaper to get to WDW in Florida these days than DLP which, especially for us Brits, is right on our doorstep.
Anyway...I personally would love to see a Critter County land added that could be home to a Splash Mountain (ponchos at the ready for that one!) and some kind of Hundred Acre Wood attraction with Winnie the Pooh and friends. DLP is the only Disney park in the world that does not have the Winnie the Pooh ride and based on the popularity of the characters, I think this could be a huge bonus (of course as I love Tigger I could be slightly biased here lol!).
I don't think we need any more Frozen themed attractions in the parks at the moment or Marvel/Star Wars (not really Disney are they??!! they may be brilliant in their own way but Disney they are not).
As others have said being in France it is an ideal place to have some kind of Beauty and the Beast attraction though what kind of attraction I'm not too sure about.... maybe something along the lines of the existing Snow White ride (this badly needs updating too in my opinion).
I love DLP and am sad to think that after my upcoming trip next October, I may not be able to afford to return. DLP is a beautiful place and I think it needs to be treated to a little bit of love from its backers.... let's keep DLP Europe's number 1 tourist spot for the next 25 years and beyond.

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

cyrilthemilkman

I really don't understand why Splash Mountain is not in adventureland, and i can't believe because of the weather reasons.  There are water rides in other european parks that are open in the winter (Europa Park for instance, which btw is a fantastic park) .  Technology exists now where they can adjust the amount of 'wetness' a rider experiences, so can tone it down during the winter months if they are worried about this.

Frontierland needs a new ride, not a 'thrill' ride BTM is enough here, but something around towards the chapparel to utilise that area a bit more.  In this day and age of movie IP's I can't think of one that would fit other than the lone ranger (based on the remake a few years ago, but as that tanked...). 

Discoveryland and Fantasyland I think are ok.

Mini lands are an interesting topic.  I like the idea of them, but they need to be done to compliment the area that they are attached to or accessed through.  Star wars land would be great behind star tours, using star tours as a kind of gate and outpost for discoveryland as it is not too much of a distraction from the rest of the land (pre-refurb), but so that it doesn't impact on the steam punk decor of that land.  But I think Star tours would form the only ride in that land and it will just be made to look like endor or whatever beyond for shops and restaurants.

A&S&O

Quote from: cyrilthemilkman on November 24, 2016, 01:58:59 PM
Mini lands are an interesting topic.  I like the idea of them, but they need to be done to compliment the area that they are attached to or accessed through.  Star wars land would be great behind star tours, using star tours as a kind of gate and outpost for discoveryland as it is not too much of a distraction from the rest of the land (pre-refurb), but so that it doesn't impact on the steam punk decor of that land.  But I think Star tours would form the only ride in that land and it will just be made to look like endor or whatever beyond for shops and restaurants.

This endorses what many people have been saying - Star Tours should have been moved to the Studios and Star Wars land built there.
Planning WDW 2019

Rocketeer

Quote from: A&S&O on November 23, 2016, 09:02:53 PM
Quote from: Rocketeer on November 22, 2016, 08:42:43 PM

Actually two, unless you're not counting Toy Story Land for some reason.
Well, yes it is a mini-land, but it has three attractions whereas Place d'Remy, Mystic Point, Grizzly Gulch only have one.

I really don't understand why Splash Mountain is not in adventureland, and i can't believe because of the weather reasons.  There are water rides in other european parks that are open in the winter (Europa Park for instance, which btw is a fantastic park) .  Technology exists now where they can adjust the amount of 'wetness' a rider experiences, so can tone it down during the winter months if they are worried about this.
Well I think they probably would have had a Splash in the park, if the money had not been such an all encompassing issue that it did.
Sure, there is the weather issue, but as you said there are others in Europe. And there's one in TDL's Critter Country, and they get more average snow than Paris.

Frontierland needs a new ride, not a 'thrill' ride BTM is enough here, but something around towards the chapparel to utilise that area a bit more.  In this day and age of movie IP's I can't think of one that would fit other than the lone ranger (based on the remake a few years ago, but as that tanked...). 
No doubt that would have been the plan at some point. And they'll certainly not use Home on the Range either.....  ::)

Good point, they need to have some sort of coehsive transition. Frontierland and Adventureland do well (as does Frontierland and Liberty Sq.(MK) or Frontierland and New Orelans Sq. (DL)) but then again, Fantasyland and Discoveryland are a bit of an unlikely couple.

Quote from: A&S&O on November 24, 2016, 02:23:34 PM
This endorses what many people have been saying - Star Tours should have been moved to the Studios and Star Wars land built there.
Its a shame that they could not have capitalised on the attraction being shut when updating it to Star Tours II by also moving it to the Studios. Then again, if they did that, you'd have a sizable gap at the rear of Disco-land. What could they have put in its place?

And it looks like that the Star Tours area is the only real "outside the berm" area they can go for. The rest sits quite closley with other buildings.

Rocketeer

I doubt I'm the first with this idea, but I'll post it anyway.

Spalsh Mountain was mentioned a few posts above, and Adventureland being an idea setting. Now here's the idea. What if they added Splash, but themed to Moana?

Admittedly, its only just released and there's no way of gauging yet on how popular it'll be, but we can argue about that later. ;)

Anyway, imagine walking from Adventureland to a village on the island of Motunui. It could be a mini-land in its own, with the ubqiutous shop and maybe a small eatery.

Splash itself would be the only attraction, with scenes from the film depicted inside. Much the same way they've done with Frozen at the Norway Paviliion.

That way we get a classic attraction and a new themed land at the same time.

msRavenswood

I love your idea, Rocketeer! Although I haven't watched the film yet, I believe a Moana mini land with a Maui themed Splash Mountain would be awesome!