One night 30th birthday trip

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, November 20, 2016, 07:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Hello everyone  :)
Although we've done Disney many times I've never done it without my son and he's 8 years old now. When me and my friend was there with the children she made a joke saying "wouldn't of be nice to come without the kids once" she laughed as did I I mean Disneyland without the kids really?!

Turns out we've made it happen our hotel is booked for one night only (shortest stay ever) for my actual 30th birthday night and the following day. We would have liked to do 2 nights, but I'm currently pregnant and the baby will only be very new to the world at the time plus it will only be the second time in 8 years I've left my son as he has complex disabilities. So I think one night I'm very lucky to be having!

We're staying at the sequoia lodge and travelling by Eurostar so we will arrive about 2pm. I assume the park will be open until 9/10pm as it's the first week of July? Our Eurostar home is around 5pm the following day.

We're very excited that we can watch dreams (it's been years) my son can't handle the crowds there and her daughter is petrified of fireworks. I'll be able to do the thrill rides which will be great too!
Anyway any hints or tips on dlp for just adults I'd appreciate I want to maximise our park time and make it a birthday I won't forget!

Andybear

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on November 20, 2016, 07:15:00 AM
Hello everyone  :)
Although we've done Disney many times I've never done it without my son and he's 8 years old now. When me and my friend was there with the children she made a joke saying "wouldn't of be nice to come without the kids once" she laughed as did I I mean Disneyland without the kids really?!

Turns out we've made it happen our hotel is booked for one night only (shortest stay ever) for my actual 30th birthday night and the following day. We would have liked to do 2 nights, but I'm currently pregnant and the baby will only be very new to the world at the time plus it will only be the second time in 8 years I've left my son as he has complex disabilities. So I think one night I'm very lucky to be having!

We're staying at the sequoia lodge and travelling by Eurostar so we will arrive about 2pm. I assume the park will be open until 9/10pm as it's the first week of July? Our Eurostar home is around 5pm the following day.

We're very excited that we can watch dreams (it's been years) my son can't handle the crowds there and her daughter is petrified of fireworks. I'll be able to do the thrill rides which will be great too!
Anyway any hints or tips on dlp for just adults I'd appreciate I want to maximise our park time and make it a birthday I won't forget!

I don't have kids and I love DLP.  For this reason I go out of season so can't comment on what it's like in July, sorry.

Lavi

I think its a great idea! Mothers, even completely dedicated ones, need some escapes from time to time. You definitely deserve it. Think what is that you cannot do when you are with your present and near future children ;), and do those things. Be it a quiet dinner, riding rollercoasters, watching Dreams.

Get up early to catch EMH when you can do Space Mountain, Star Tours and si on; then  leave main park at around 9:15, go to the Studios gate and wait until they open( this happens before 10). Then run to Crush and ride it among the first people. After this go and grab a fast pass for ToT and go and ride Rock and Roller coaster.

Have a great time!

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: Lavi on November 21, 2016, 09:28:03 PM
I think its a great idea! Mothers, even completely dedicated ones, need some escapes from time to time. You definitely deserve it. Think what is that you cannot do when you are with your present and near future children ;), and do those things. Be it a quiet dinner, riding rollercoasters, watching Dreams.

Get up early to catch EMH when you can do Space Mountain, Star Tours and si on; then  leave main park at around 9:15, go to the Studios gate and wait until they open( this happens before 10). Then run to Crush and ride it among the first people. After this go and grab a fast pass for ToT and go and ride Rock and Roller coaster.

Have a great time!

That's it! I'm so exited about being "a big kid" for 2 days I get to actually  :)watch dreams the whole show! Think it's the new one by then too? And I'm a big ride fan I rarely get to do these and if I do I'm worrying my son will have a meltdown whilst I'm waiting for the ride with which ever family member I've left him with! I'm also looking forward to a quiet meal for my birthday night I don't think I'll want to come home

tigger1974

Hi
First of all I really hope you have a fabulous trip and birthday when they arrive....
However I hate to bring you down but.... if you are not travelling until July '17 I'm sorry to tell you but you will not be able to see dreams! as this is due to finish in March. As part of the 25th birthday celebration a new evening spectacular called Disney Illuminations is replacing dreams! in April.
Hope this does not spoil your enjoyment too much.
Disneyland Paris in July is usually very busy and can be very hot (depending on the French weather!) so be prepared for queuing and standing around a lot. The opening times for the main park are normally between 9am and 11pm (with EMH starting at 8am for on site guests), and the studios is usually between 9am and 9pm. However as next year is a special year these may be subject to change. The main Disneyland Paris website usually lists its opening times for about 6 months at a time so if you check at the end of December, beginning of January you may find the exact times.
If the new show is going to be anything like dreams! I would suppose it will occur as the park closes at 11pm and probably last about 25-30 minutes.
As I said earlier, have a brilliant time when you get there! If you go to City Hall on the day of your birthday and tell them that it is a special occasion you could get some special surprises!!!!
Hope you find this helpful,

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

Sugaroo_

Ooooh how exciting! I think a grown-ups only trip requires a healthy dose of thrill rides ;), a quiet dinner at one of the fancier restaurants, a spot of shopping and a nice cocktail (or two) to end the night. You'll also find that even on such a short stay you'll get a lot more in.You will be moving at a much quicker pace, no delays and children's schedules to consider to slow you down. Have a fabulous time!
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."