Breakfast at cafe mickey

Started by TJBezz, November 19, 2016, 11:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJBezz

we would like to visit for the characters but we dont really like the food there so we decided to do breakfast.
what is it like please? is it worth it?

Ohana

I think it's great, I've been on each of my three trips! The breakfast is nice with a lot of options, from memory there is:
Scrambled egg
Potatoes
Bacon
Sausages
Croissants, pain o chocolat, pain o raisin, petit pain
Toast
Cheeses and cold meats
Donuts
Yogurts
And a selection of hot and cold drinks.

The breakfast is nicer than the standard hotel breakfast at the Cheyenne and santa fe and the character interaction is good. Each character out will do a round of all the tables so no one gets missed out and they sometimes even sit next to you and fool around if you're at a booth. I found staying 30 mins- 45 mins was optimal timing as they tend to release 2 sets of 3-4 characters in my experience. On this trip I met Mickey twice, Goofy, Pluto, Rabbit (!!!) And Pinocchio. Chip and Dale are often there too :)

Definitely worth it as it's so much cheaper than an evening meal, I say go for it, it's a lovely experience! :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

dlpowl

We did this in September and the food was okay but the overall experience was disappointing.  Our booking was for 8am, but by the time we had been seated it was 8.15am (we were not late but had to queue to get in!) and the first 3 characters had already been around some of the restaurant hence we missed one of them.  There were 5 characters in total (mickey, goofy, Pluto, chip, dale) so nobody exciting or unusual.  I think these are the Standard characters for Cafe mickey these days.  Gone are the days when you would meet all kinds of weird and wonderful characters there!  It was very rushed and we were virtually thrown out of our seats at 9.30am so they could get the next lot in!  So we met 4 'ordinary' characters and had  1hr 15min in which to meet them and eat.  Considering all the ordinary characters have meeting points anyway, I personally don't think it's something I'd bother doing again.

If you do go, I would definitely book the 9.30am sitting and make sure you're there for 9.15am so that you are seated as early as possible and at least you know they won't be shoving you out of the door an hour later! 

TJBezz