New Autopia cars on the way? (rumour)

Started by Rocketeer, November 12, 2016, 08:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

This is a rumour at the moment, but according to Disney & More:

Quote...HKDL apparently has closed Autopia forever as they intend to use the land for new attractions. HKDL Autopia cars were also the first ones, if i'm right, to be entirely electric - so, no pollution - and if Autopia becomes an extinct attraction a good idea could be to send them all at Disneyland Paris Discoveryland where i'm sure they will make good use of them at DLP Autopia..

These cars are only 10 years old, after being added to HKDL in '06.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

ChipandDale99

i was just thinking about the electric cars. When we went on the tour a few years ago they mentioned hoping one day to put electric cars in. I may be getting my hopes up too much but I noticed autopia is closed from the 3 Jan for just over a month. I wondered if maybe it was finally happening.
But like I said I'm probably dreaming too much. Autopia is quite often closed for short periods of time.

A&S&O

The DLP Autopia cars were recently (last year or so) converted so that the engine cuts out when idling. This made things much less fumy, but obviously electric is the way to go - although it will be odd chugging around without the sound of an engine.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Rocketeer

Well they do whir a little. Thankfully nothing as loud as Formula E, but its still there..

https://youtu.be/4qr0gmPhUS4

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney