Grolier Figurines and Christmas Ornaments

Started by Anonymous, May 12, 2007, 03:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Has anyone else collected these figurines by mail order?

I sent for the Christmas ornaments, and was really pleased with the introductory pair - Winnie The Pooh and Tigger, so I let the order stay for the collection.

You were supposed to be sent a further 21 ornaments to complete the set.

I received the ornaments this week, and they are really nice, and I'm going to keep them, but....

On the flyer, there are several ornaments which aren't in the collection.

Snow White
The Beast
Christmas Mickey
Woody
Buzz Lightyear
A different Dumbo to the one I've been sent
Bambi

There doesn't seem to be a definitive list of the ornaments, and I'm just wondering if these are supplemental to the initial batch.

Was a bit disappointed at some of the characters missed out, compared with some of the ones included. I've contacted Grolier, but as yet, no response.

I don't mind so much if there's going to be an opportunity to collect the missing ones, but it would be nice if they'd make the literature a bit clearer.

I'm just wondering if the figurine set - 20 porcelain figurines, is going to be the same, with some of the figurines on the flyer not being included.

Anonymous

I've rung this company today, and it seems that there are several ornaments which are in and out of stock at various times, so what they send you is a selection of ornaments from current stock, which obviously means that you could end up with none of the ornaments included on the flyer, I've only received one. They are supposed to be sending me a list of all the ornaments, so I suppose I'll make up my mind whether or not I'm going to keep them when I see just how large the collection is.

I really do think they are nice, well made items, and I like them alot. But I'm a bit annoyed that you are sold something by them as a complete collection, which actually, turns out not to be a complete collection, and the ornaments you get can differ drastically from the one's you're sent.

I suppose it's a question now of waiting to see how big the collection is overall.

tubbsy

I was gonna say-I havent collected this set, but had previous sets from them, books and figurines. You never get everything exactly what they list, which is a bit of a bummer.

However, I have managed to pick up books we were missing from our disney set in a car boot sale! So keep your eyes out in future as when not so mad Disney people flog their sets on, you can pick up the missing pieces.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Anonymous

Annoying thing for me is that I'm a bit of a completist, so when I'm sold a 'complete set' which isn't a complete set, it winds me up a bit. As a fan of the Princess movies, I was expecting more Princess ornaments. The flyer showed the Beast (no Belle!), and Snow White.

I actually received Aurora and Cinderella, and about 3 of the Dwarfs. I'll see what other ornaments they list, because they are nice. They are quite a decent size too, not tiny ornaments - each one is about 2 or 3 inches tall.

Ebay's always worth checking too I suppose.

tubbsy

Bit disappointing. And weird that they have only sent you three dwarves!

Hope you do manage to get the bits you want :D Especially Belle :D  :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Anonymous

Just seen a Belle on Ebay!

tubbsy

Yeah Prince!  :D  :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Anonymous

I think I'm going to ask them to collect them though, and return them.

I've seen another auction on Ebay which lists 21 ornaments, 14 of which are different to the one's I was sent.

There are numerous other auctions for different ornaments. I think there are easily going to be another 20 or so ornaments in this collection.

I really do wish they'd advertise things properly - I'm a bit annoyed about this.

Anonymous

Just rung up and cancelled them, got them to organise a courier to come and collect them.

I've just got visions of this being a never ending collection.

I'd rather buy some figurines which I'll have displayed all year around as opposed to some tree ornaments I'd only see once a year.

A bit annoyed about this. I'm off work with the flu today, and having to deal with dodgy companies who misrepresent their products rather than relaxing and getting over my cold!

My warning to people is not to bother with Grolier. They charge over the odds, and you never know what you're going to receive!

tubbsy

Ah thats a shame Prince. Hope you're getting a refund so that you can buy what you really want-More Belle by any chance? :D

There must be something going round-trying to write a 2000 word essay with a stinking cold n headache. :(

I think a quick trip to Disney would make me feel soooo much better! (I wish :D )

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Anonymous

Well, I can save the money for Disneyland in September, where I will no doubt buy something else to do with Belle.

Last time I went they had some musical figurine's of all the Princesses. I was planning to get a set of those in September. And if they're doing snowglobes of all the new floats, I'm definitely interested in the Princess one and the Little Mermaid one.

I'm wanting to get around to collecting more Armani figurines eventually too, though that probably won't happen until next year now.

miss disney fan

@ Dark_Prince, hope your flu gets better

@ tubbsy, hope your headache gos and you can get your essay completed

tubbsy

Thanks Disney fan! :D  :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

miss disney fan

can remember what its like with the flu, me and my son had it about 2 months and nearly ended up in hosptail, mind you it was a good way of losing weight, i lost nearly a stone in 10 days and my son lost 1/2 stone

get well soon  :)

Anonymous

Thanks!

:D