Five Guys opening in Disney Village in 2017

Started by whatsupanders, September 27, 2016, 01:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatsupanders

The American high-end burger chain, Five Guys, have announced they'll be opening a new location in Disney Village next year. They already have one outlet in Paris at Gare du Nord and will be opening another in Champs Elysees.

http://www.meltystyle.fr/five-guys-se-fait-une-place-a-disney-village-en-2017-exclu-a560507.html

Rocketeer

There are two nearby, but I've never been in one. I hear great things about them, but they do seem a bit on the pricey side.

Still, any new additions to the fusty old Village is most welcome.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

c3po

The article says that it will happen at the beginning of the year, so maybe I'll get to go! I ate at a Five Guys in London last year, and it was very nice.
[size=85]1972 - Disneyland; 1974 - WDW; 1988 - Disneyland; 1996 - Disneyland; 1998 - Disneyland; 2000 - Disneyland; 2003 - WDW (Coronado Springs & Grosvenor Resort); 2009 - DLP (Newport Bay Club); October 2010 - DLP (Sequoia Lodge); October 2014 (Disneyland Hotel); September 2015 (Sequoia Lodge); March 2017 (Sequoia Lodge GF)

samuelvictor

Here's a English Translation of the relevant part:

mS: Will you soon open new restaurants?

ML: We will soon open a Five Guys to the Champs Elysees. We will also open at the beginning of 2017, a Five Guys at Disney Village. It will be another major restaurant for the brand. It will even be the first time that we will be opening a restaurant at Disney. We are not in partnership with Disney, but we believe that the meeting of the two brands will benefit and we will write a beautiful story together.

mS: It is also expected to open a Five Guys at Gare du Nord. Is the restaurant open before the Disney Village?

ML: The Disney Village restaurant open well before that of the North Station. That Disney is scheduled for early next year, while the North Station Five Guys will open in the second half of 2017.

This is really good news - I live in Cardiff and we have a Five Guys here. Myself, my wife and 2 kids all love it. The Burgers are excellent, and the (cooked in peanut oil) fries and milkshakes are probably the best I've ever had. Also, you can get "unlimited" soft drinks, and they have a fantastic selection.

The only issue I'll have is that if I want a burger, the giant burger at Annettes is still my favourite burger I've ever had. So it'll be a tough choice. But I can definitely imagine us going to Five Guys for a snack of the peanut oil fries and unlimited drinks!

norhel

I did taste the bacon and cheese hot dog when I was as Five Guys in London last year, and it was one of the better hot dogs. So if Five Guys will do well at DLP, why not.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

marf91

I am beyond excited about this, We have one where I live in Bristol and have had a few on trips to the USA and it's honestly one of the best burgers I've ever had in my life.

However, because I've got one at home, I think I'd be more likely to go elsewhere to somewhere not available at home but I'll be tempted...
PREVIOUS VISITS:
Oct 1993, Aug 1994, Aug 1997, Jan 1998, May 1998, Aug 1998, Aug 2001, Jan 2002, Aug 2002, Aug 2004, Jan 2005, Aug 2006, May 2007, Aug 2007, Jul 2008, Aug 2010, Aug 2011, Aug 2013, Aug 2014, May 2015, Aug 2016

FUTURE TRIPS:
New Year 2016

Rocketeer

OK then, any speculation as to which unit it will occupy? I'm assuming it'll be on the Esplanade side, where Vapiano is.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

ChipandDale99

I'm sorry I haven't read the artical full so this might have been answered. But does anyone know where in Disney village it will be.

whatsupanders

Quote from: ChipandDale99 on September 27, 2016, 06:36:56 PM
I'm sorry I haven't read the artical full so this might have been answered. But does anyone know where in Disney village it will be.

Allegedly a new unit adjacent to Vapiano.

andlorna

why cant it be something else rather than another burger bar.
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

Rocketeer

^I can appriciate what you're saying. However, to me, its a new addition to the stagnant part of the resort.

Who knows, maybe it will entice some other - non-fast food outlets - to open in the Village.

Andybear

Quote from: andlorna on September 27, 2016, 08:08:04 PM
why cant it be something else rather than another burger bar.

My sentiments too  :)  They're everywhere. 

ChipandDale99

Allegedly a new unit adjacent to Vapiano.
[/quote]
Thank you.
I like that Disney village is getting some new stuff. It was starting to feel a little quiet. I like five guys but as I'm fortunate enough to have a new one just 10 mins from home I proplably won't go to it as I like to do the Disney restaurants.

Ohana

Ahah yes they do coca cola freestyle here, my favourite part of five guys! The burgers are immense but the free refills on raspberry coke and peach fanta are where it's at, this is great news :D
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

Rocketeer

Although I don't drink Coca-Cola, wouldn't it be nice if the Village had its own version of The World of Coke that's opened at Disney Springs?

https://youtu.be/tKgo6bV7MDY

Or better yet, how about something similar but unique to the resort. There's got to be plenty of European brands they could have. What about "The World of Lindt & Sprüngli" or "The World of Ferrero" ?