First Time Visit... discount with Annual Pass?

Started by DisneyNewbee, September 12, 2016, 12:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyNewbee

Hi all, total newbee when it comes to visiting Disney im afraid...

Im hoping to book our first visit for 5d/4n over the new year period but as we are almost certain to stay for another 2-3 nights during summer 2017 (and possibly a visit before that for the Star wars season) I thought it would be worth picking up an annual pass for myself and my daughter. The thinking being, that if we will be doing at least a couple of visits, we may as well benefit from the discounts and cheaper pricing provided by the passes.

So now the problem... how can I buy the passes first and then make the new years booking so I can take advantage of the discount on my first/most expensive booking? From the reading ive done so far it seems you actually have to visit the Resort to buy the tickets first? Or.. am I getting totally confused!? I obviously want the tickets first to save the money. Any help and advice would be very much appreciated.  :)

jacmurphy

I believe you do have to have your passport first to take advantage of the discounts. You can only get pass done onsite as they take all your details and include a photo on the pass
May 2015 Explorer
Sept 2015 B&B (Old one)
Dec 2015 Davy Crockett
March 2016 Davy Crockett
June 2016 New B&B
Sept 2016 New B&B
Nov 2016 Hotel Cheyenne
Feb 2017 Sequoia Lodge

NCC1701Q

You can order the AP's via mail. Use the order form, include all the necessary papers (copies of passports etc) and send it off to France. The AP-vailidity-period starts when they're created, then they get mailed to you. That means when you get them delivered, you can ring DLP and book the hotel WITH the discount.

DisneyNewbee

Quote from: NCC1701Q on September 12, 2016, 12:56:35 PM
You can order the AP's via mail. Use the order form, include all the necessary papers (copies of passports etc) and send it off to France. The AP-vailidity-period starts when they're created, then they get mailed to you. That means when you get them delivered, you can ring DLP and book the hotel WITH the discount.

And that was what I suspected was possible but couldn't find any actual instructions or advice regarding doing this....

Is the order form you refer to, on the English Disneyland Paris website? CHeaper to go via a specific link? Thanks for the advice.

NCC1701Q

Unfortunately I only know about the french edition of the form (I have never even seen an english form). You can find it here: http://www.discoverthemagic.nl/content/downloads/disneyland-paris/dlp-jaarkaarten-bon-de-commande-mrt2016-nov2016.pdf
How good or bad is your french?

DisneyNewbee

Quote from: NCC1701Q on September 12, 2016, 02:23:07 PM
Unfortunately I only know about the french edition of the form (I have never even seen an english form). You can find it here: http://www.discoverthemagic.nl/content/downloads/disneyland-paris/dlp-jaarkaarten-bon-de-commande-mrt2016-nov2016.pdf
How good or bad is your french?

Thanks. I could probably work that out tbh and if I get stuck I have a couple of French work colleagues.

Lornamar

I rang them up bought my annual pass over phone ,got sent out temporary passes to get us in and will get real passes when we get to Paris..they only activate from first visit.

DisneyNewbee

Quote from: Lornamar on September 13, 2016, 11:27:06 AM
I rang them up bought my annual pass over phone ,got sent out temporary passes to get us in and will get real passes when we get to Paris..they only activate from first visit.
I gather this scenario would be no different if I bought the annual passes through 'SuperTrips' as they are currently offering a pair of tickets - one adult and one child - for £230!! (A saving of over £40 on DLP price quoted this morning)?