Christmas time

Started by Elm1410, August 26, 2016, 08:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elm1410

We've booked for between Christmas and New Year but can someone advise of how busy it will be pleas? We have been twice before in May and Oct so have a good understanding of the parks but just ant to get a real view of crowds etc. :)

solo_beckett

I've been for Christmas and it's very busy, careful planning meant we did still get on every ride at least once in the 4 days we were there but it was fairly crowded.

Elm1410

Will definitely do some planning on which rides we make a priority then! I was going to book restaurants as well, would you say it was necessary this time of year too?

Zee79

I would definitely book the restaurants for the time you are going. We went for the Christmas period in November & beginning of December which wasn't too bad, we have been for New Year, again not super busy but we needed to book the restaurants.

samuelvictor

We went and stayed for 3 weeks from Dec 19th 2014 so were there for "proper" Christmas and New Year's Day. It was pretty busy on the 24th Dec, but still doable. 25th itself was a complete washout - so busy we could barely move. I guess lots of French parents thought it would be good to surprise the kids, but we gave up and left early. Other than that though it was like you'd expect in high season, busy, but not ridiculous. There was a nice atmosphere. New Years in the Village was great! :)

solo_beckett

Unless your planning on only eating counter service or not fussy where and when you eat reservations are essential. Christmas Eve is very expensive for a sit down Dinner so I would do a big lunch (and avoid some of the crowds) and a light dinner at the likes of McD or Eos.
Any of the plus and premium places such as walts, inventions and Auberge need very early bookings