Newbie question

Started by Wease, August 20, 2016, 04:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wease

Hi,
We've booked for 5 days in DLP for Feb 2017 as we miss WDW so bad we needed to fill the gap between trips! However I'm slightly puzzled by tickets. We booked a few weeks back now and I received an e-mail to confirm booking with an attachment to take with us which was just a summary of the booking I made, but I've not received anything in the post. We've got hotel Sante Fe, park tickets, half board dining, photopass and eurotunnel, but I've got no other information about any of that. Does all that stuff arrive nearer the time or are we going to get it when we arrive? I've seen people posting photos of the photopass cards in a box etc so that's why I'm confused..
As for the Eurostar, do we receive more information on that nearer the time as currently, all I know is we are getting it from Ebbsfleet!
When we book for WDW we end up with a whole information pack so just slightly confused why we didn't get anything.. any help/advice is greatly received!
Thanks,
Jason

perrollaz

I can only answer about the park tickets, you'll get them when checking in at the hotel.
Enjoy your stay!

Lolly_Belle

Hi Jason, welcome! Yes, you get all your park tickets, etc when you check in at the hotel. When we go we also book direct with DLP and only receiv the booking confirmation before we go and everything gets explained and issued at the hotel. Hope that helps!
Sept 1999 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Jul 2000 - WDW off-site
Oct 2001 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Nov/Dec 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2006 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Dec/Jan 2008/9 - WDW Swan Hotel
Oct 2014 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Jul 2016 - DLP Hotel New York
Nov/Dec 2017 - DLP Sequoia Lodge GF
May 2019 - DLP Newport Bay CC

Wease

Thanks, at least that's 1 less thing to think about!
What do we do about the Eurostar then. Do we just turn up at Ebbsfleet an hour before departure or something? I literally have a time and date on the e-mail confirmation. I don't even know if there is luggage restrictions lol

Lolly_Belle

If I remember rightly, I downloaded and printed the Eurostar e-tickets with our seat numbers on when I made the booking directly on the Eurostar website. However, this was only 6 weeks before we travelled so maybe it's still too early for your booking?
Sept 1999 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Jul 2000 - WDW off-site
Oct 2001 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Nov/Dec 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2006 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Dec/Jan 2008/9 - WDW Swan Hotel
Oct 2014 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Jul 2016 - DLP Hotel New York
Nov/Dec 2017 - DLP Sequoia Lodge GF
May 2019 - DLP Newport Bay CC

Wease

So I just figured out I could log into mydisneylandparis and view my detailed booking... doh! It states in the small print Eurostar tickets are e-mailed to you up to 2 days(!!) before departure. I guess I'm used to being a lot more organised, thanks for your help.

Nicola

Hi, OK I found the absence of paper odd our first time too. If you booked the eurostar through disney direct you will get an email from disney / eurostar about 60 days before you arrive. You print it off and when you get to the eurostar turnstyle you scan the QR code that's on the print out OR if you like, if you arrive a little early you pop your booking ref into the eurostar machines and they print you proper tickets being feb they shouldn't be too busy to do that. My kids love printing them, one more experience I guess. Once through the turn style start stripping coats bags etc as its security then.. If you booked direct through disney you will no doubt have disney express tickets which means they come and find you on the train and give you your park tickets and baggage labels, oh and meal vouchers (France gets very busy on meals make sure you book your restaurants 60days in advance). Once you have everything all the paperwork you take your bags off the train upstairs to the disney baggage area, hand over your luggage and skip off into the park. You then use your vouchers for food etc and return to the hotel when your ready collect your bags (from the hotel luggage room) and room keys and that's about it.

I hope that helps!!
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

Wease

That's very helpful, thank you! We actually don't have the baggage service, I didn't add it when I booked as I didn't really get what it was. Then afterwards when I did research I realised we're now going to have to wait at the hotel for an hour because we arrive way before the checkin time!! Doh!

With regards to pre booking restaurants, I keep reading this, will this apply in Feb? We hadn't planned on doing it as we don't really know where we will be on what days. We had just figured we would turn up and ask for a table, is this not advised? We have a fairly vague plan as we tend to just go with it when at Disney Parks and not get bogged down in plans. We've got the Standard Half Board, my understanding is this is a buffet style thing at a few different places?

Zee79

You can still check in before 3pm you just got to realise your room may not be ready, if this is the case then just leave your luggage in the store & head to the parks, pop back later & take to your room.
You can use your standard vouchers anywhere they are accepted, you will just need to add money to them if it's more than the face value of the vouchers.
It's really up to you if you want to pre book restaurants before you go, you can always do it in the resort either in hotel or via city hall when you get there. We don't normally pre book before but this year we did with it being summer. We normally do it when we get there, normally at check in.

Nicola

Standard half board you should be OK for restaurant bookings. You can book a table everywhere on the day in City hall if you need too. Remember the park closes earlier in Feb. so if you decide to eat after the light show most restaurants will be super busy then so might be worth booking if you know you want to eat then. x
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

Wease

Thanks all!

On our last day, we don't have to get the train till mid afternoon, is there somewhere we can leave our bags so we can spend the morning in the parks? Just wondering what we do with them as we have to check out if the hotel

Zee79

The hotel has luggage storage & you can leave them there.

Wease

Is there anywhere at the parks with luggage storage? We're getting the Eurostar so we would have to leave it at Sante Fe go to the parks then go back to get our luggage and then go back to the station. No major issue, would just be more convenient if it was already at the station/parks

Zee79

Concierge at the main park, think  this costs though, don't know how much sorry.

Wease

Thanks! I'll look up concierge and see what I can find.