Would you like to see Paint the Night at DLP?

Started by Rocketeer, August 02, 2016, 11:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

First up - this is not a rumour. Just me speculating.
(Edited title, just to make sure!)

Now that's out the way....

Disneyland had surprisingly announced that its new nighttime parade, 'Paint the Night' is ending September 5th. Surely that'd be a nice gift for them to loan to DLP for its 25th?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

mrpiggywinkles52

I feel like if its going anywhere it'll be to Florida, they've got a really old MSEP. although this would be an amazing idea to give to DLP since we have no nighttime parade and it is our bloody 25th! That's a special date! Might be kinda expensive to get over but  certainly cheaper than building our own parade from scratch!

I think its a massive shame that we don't have a nighttime parade for the 25th though, I mean we're the only Disney resort not to have one (excluding DL I guess since this is going although it might just be for refurbishment?) which IMO is a complete disgrace.

msRavenswood

I prefer MSEP or Fantillusion, not a big fan of Paint the Night parade from the videos I've watched online. But I agree with mrpiggywinkles52 that it's a shame that DLP doesn't have a night parade. I remember for the 20th anniversary when they had Fantillusion followed by Dreams how amazing it was!

Zee79

Would love MSEP back or fantillusion, my kids can't remember a night time parade so I think it would be great to have one even if it can't be these two so I wouldn't mind Paint the night.

DisneyGagaChick

As much as I enjoy PTN (and will never get the chance to see it now  ::) ), I would much refer to have MSEP as it brings back many memories.

twentythingamabobs

I loved Paint The Night, it was amazing! But since MSEP had already ended before my first visit, and everyone seems to love it so much, I would prefer to experience that.

Spacepilot

From what I have seen online Dreamlights from Tokyo which is an updated Version of msep would be the best option.
Paint the Night is also nice, but a bit short and Pixar-heavy.

A mix with elements from both of them would be my wish :-)

Rocketeer

It'd be nice just to have it for, say, April to September, just for the 'summer' of the 25th.

Of course then you run into the issue of "when's it coming back?".

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

DisneyGagaChick

I'm a bit shocked that PTN is ending in September, I know its for the 60th anniversary and all but I thought it would run till Christmas at least.  ::)

dazzle_v2003

I would love Paint The Night to come to Disneyland Paris with a few enchancements to make it extra special. Add a few more Disney into the mix as well as Pixar characters. I love the music and floats already part of the parade. I think this would be a great addition to DLP night entertainment a feel good way to end your day.

Alas as we all know DLP unfortunately still don't have enough money for a night time parade but in 10 years time maybe it will. I would love Disneyland to be sending it's night time parade to us at DLP but I suspect strongly it's going to the Magic Kingdom.

andrewuk

Yes, without a doubt. But it gets dark pretty late in June and July so fitting it in with Dreams as well might be a consideration?
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Rocketeer

^Good point, you know I'd not actually thought of that.

What if it only ran alternate nights with Dreams? Or the other solution.. WDS. Only hiccup there is the fact that its a postage stamp of a park.  ::)

mickey1980

Honestly. I don't think Paris needs it.
We already have the best nighttime spectacular of any Disney park with Dreams.

What I would like to see is that the new 25th Parade will have nighttime elements. So it could double in function.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiƫsto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

Rocketeer

^Nice idea. What about a dusk parade? It starts out normal, but slowly evolves into an early night time show.

That way you could still have Dreams in its normal time slot.

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: Rocketeer on August 10, 2016, 08:54:35 PM
^Nice idea. What about a dusk parade? It starts out normal, but slowly evolves into an early night time show.

That way you could still have Dreams in its normal time slot.

I'd love the idea of a 2 in one parade and it sounds great if done well.

Just a note though, PTN is showing selected nights at Disneyland at least during the holiday season and The MSEP is going there, HOWEVER it is ending at WDW, so you'd assume it goes there, no way Magic Kingdom doesn't have a light parade, if it wasn't for that I'd take a punt at it coming to Paris for the 25th.