First solo trip - advice and tips

Started by chicks99, July 31, 2016, 09:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicks99

Hi everyone,

I've been to disney quite a few times but never as a solo traveller. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice for the best deals, has anyone done it before? How did you find it?

I was thinking about possibly purchasing an annual pass and using the discount for a disney a hotel. Has anyone done this?

Apologies for all the questions

Thank you in advance

:)

Zee79

We've purchased APs and used it on our next trip off hotels, it can be quite a saving. Its also useful in the shops and restaurants, the discount soon mounts up to a decent saving.

I can't help with the solo travelling but there are quite a few members who do it a lot.

bad-pink-tink

waves , solo traveller here :)

right the first and most important thing about going solo in a Disney park - don't let being solo hold you back, enjoy the park YOUR way and do as much or as little as you want. If you want to spend the morning sitting on a bench people watching in the hub, go for it, if you want to just wander and take photos and not go on any rides, or if you want to do a ride multiple times in a row, why not.

Don't let being solo stop you from eating in Walt's, Inventions, Blue Lagoon or any of the high end table service if your budget allows it. Some people think that they shouldn't take up a 4 top or 2 top table if they are on their own and so wont eat in certain restaurants because they don't want to stop a family eating there. To me that's bull, if you can afford it and you like the food, you as a solo traveller have as much right to eat in that restaurant as a family. Just make sure to do restaurant reservations though, don't just rely on them having a free table.

The same at shows and parades, if you as a solo traveller have a prime spot, don't feel guilty or pressured to give up that spot for a family.

Being in the parks as a solo traveller is just amazing, you are an adult but getting to do everything a child wished they could, with no restrictions. You can just let go, escape from reality and be a child again.

Bring a book with you, it comes in handy in buffet restaurants, to let the wait staff know the table is being used.
If your budget allows it, book one of the tours

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

perrollaz

Couldn't agree more to bad-tink, I'm always searching for someone who joins me on my trip to DLP.
But at the end I decide most of the time against it because I want to have the freedom to do what I want to do.
Only thing that bothers me when alone is that during lunch, standing in line etc. you have nobody who can look after your stuff if you need to go to the restroom. Or as bad-think described, you need to take something with you that you can leave in the table as a placeholder.
But besides that I enjoyed all my solo trips much and I'm sure you'll too! Have fun!!

chicks99

Thank you ever so much everyone. It's made me feel a bit more positive about it all.

I have to admit one of my worries was the whole eating at lunch/dinner thing but like you said I have a right too! I was worried i'd be at mcdonalds every single day.  :) ::)

:)

perrollaz

No, you don't have to eat at McDonalds every day!
Enjoy your trip and go wherever you want. Don't bother what they are thinking. You have saved and payed for your trip like all the others.

And I wonder if you will notice details in the restaurants you've never seen before as you've been focused mainly on your colleges. I'm sure you'll find a lot of new hidden mickeys  :D