Jedi Training Academy

Started by Lulabell, July 16, 2016, 06:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lulabell

Hello!

We're going to DLP this Summer, and my Niece would love to do the Jedi Training Academy. I was just wondering if anybody had done it and had any tips? ie what time is it best to start queuing? Does my Niece need to be present when signing up?

Sorry if this has already been answered in another post, but I couldn't find much info on it.

Many thanks, and may The Force be with you!
A dream is a wish your heart makes

dlpowl

I've been advised that demand is very high for Jedi Academy especially during school holidays when the parks are busy.   I was told people start queuing very early, and I was advised to get into the park for 8.30am and hang around discoveryland, and keep an eye on the queue point for Jedi, and as soon as people start to gather, go and queue.

I haven't been to it personally but I asked 2 very experienced DLP people this exact question and that's what they told me.

Lulabell

Thanks for the reply! I thought it would be really popular, I guess we'll just get there early and hope for the best.  :)

dlpowl

If you get into the park before 8.30am and head for the queue area I'm sure you'll be fine.  I think they actually start taking names at 10am so I think it's just a matter of making sure you get in the queue early and then waiting until 10am.

Good luck, I hope she gets to do it!  My boys are desperate to do it when we go in September!

EmmaH

I cant help with the queue system as we went in January when it wasn't busy but just to say it really is an excellent experience and my two boys (9&7) loved it. A real trip highlight.
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

Lulabell

Awww so pleased your boys loved it! Really hope we can get my Niece to do it, did your boys need to be present when you signed up for it?

CaraM

I was going to ask the same about the kids having to be present at sign up. They have to be in WDW, so wondering if at DLP too. Has anyone been recently that can answer what the line was like, and what time slot return they got? Thanks!

girlinleeds

hi we went in june, started queuing about 830, children dont need to stand and queue (me and dd went on a few rides) but they do need to be there at 10am for sign up, if your near the front of the queue you get more choice over what time you have to go back. you have to be back about 30 mins before the show start time only one adult can stay with the child, others will be allowed to go sit in the seating area. The adult stays with the child while they get prepared/practise and then the adults go to the reserved front row seats and the children go on stage. I thought my  daughter would be scared being on stage but she loved it and its one of her favourite things she did

Lulabell

Thank you so much for the info! So glad your daughter loved it, we'll queue early and keep our fingers crossed!  :)

CaraM

Thanks for the run down! Where in Discoverykand is the sign up? Is it obvious?