Tips for DLP for August

Started by twigs72, July 21, 2016, 02:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twigs72

OK have had confirmation pack from Walt Disney Travel Company that our family trip to DLP has been booked with the Euro Tunnel booked. We shall be driving to Ashford on the 14th August and stopping overnight at the Premier Inn before getting the Euro Tunnel the following day at 9.20am but may get an early train if possible. Hopefully I will drive straight to DLP without any stops, hopefully the kids will not require any toilet breaks :). Planning to arrive at DLP just after midday, we shall be staying at the Hotel Cheyenne for 3 nights so have park ticket for 4 days. On arriving we shall have lunch at Chuck Wagon Cafe before heading for DP.

We don't have any plans whist we are at DLP and where to eat. I have booked full board for the whole trip so that this will easy budget. So some tips on what to do and where to eat would be appriciated as I don't know if it would be possible to everything on 2 whole days and 2 half days as I know it will be busy on this visit. Oh yes also my kids are 6 (daughter) and 11 (son) as I know some rides will not be possible for a 6 year old.

This will be my only 2nd trip to DLP I was there when it first opening in 1992 and the park didn't have much to do back then.

dlpowl

Hi there,

If you haven't chosen your restaurants and made reservations then I'd definitely recommend doing that as the restaurants get very busy and if you don't have a reservation you will be waiting a long time for a table, especially in places like Cafe Mickey.  Have a look on the Disneyland website and on dlpguide.com, decide where you want to eat and then, like I say, I'd highly recommend making your reservations now, don't delay it.  The number to ring to book your tables is 0033 160304050.  You can just wing it but be prepared to wait in very long queues or eat at the times when nobody else is such as when the parade is on but I'm assuming you'll want to watch that so...have a think but that's my recommendation anyway.

I'd also recommend getting an earlier train if you can.  If your train is leaving the UK at 9.20am then you'll arrive in France at about 10am UK time but that's 11am French time.  Then you've got about a 3 hour drive so you'll be arriving about 2-2.30pm.

Hope you have a great time.

A&S&O

Is Chuck Wagon open for lunch, I thought it was only breakfast and dinner?
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Vikkilou

Opens at 12.30 for lunch  I've made a reservation there for 12.30
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

boverington

Hey

Sounds like u got a awesome trip planned

I live in Ashford and often get the eurotunnel over and drive. Please just bear in mind that getting the 9.20 train out of Folkestone and adding on the time difference you won't arrive in Calais until 10.55. Getting to Disney in an hour and half half is impossible.

Give eurotunnel a call they will usually bring ur dept time forward depending on the ticket type you have.

twigs72

Quote from: boverington on July 21, 2016, 10:18:14 PM
Hey

Sounds like u got a awesome trip planned

I live in Ashford and often get the eurotunnel over and drive. Please just bear in mind that getting the 9.20 train out of Folkestone and adding on the time difference you won't arrive in Calais until 10.55. Getting to Disney in an hour and half half is impossible.

Give eurotunnel a call they will usually bring ur dept time forward depending on the ticket type you have.
Boverington, thanks for your reply. Yes I know the the time to DLP will take just over 3 hours so if I take the 9.20 train I will get into DLP just after 2.00. I was just hoping that I will be able to take an earlier Euro Tunnel as I have in the past arrived early at Euro Tunnel and they have allowed me to get on the earlier train, depending if there are any spaces avaliable. :)

magicmum

Hi there,

I know you have booked full board, but is this plus, premium or standard? I would recommend getting value for money by booking the more expensive restaurants in advance. For example, the PLUS menu package allows you to eat at Cafe Mickeys at any time of day, and your children will enjoy meeting the characters. The premium package will include meals  at Inventions at the Disneyland Hotel, again allowing character interactions with your children. Have a look at menu choices & what your package includes on the DLP website. And as another member advised, book ahead!

If you plan carefully and make the most of extra magic hours (for Disney hotel guests only), you should get most things done in two full days. Be sure to pick up a guide to see times for shows and parades. Have a wonderful trip!