Engagement ideas at DLP

Started by sleepychap, June 29, 2016, 09:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleepychap

Hi
I have booked a three night trip in August to DLP. My Gf has no idea!
Staying on park.

I am planning to propose (ring already stashed away) and would be grateful for location suggestions! She's not one for a lot of publicity so looking for something not too lively.

I contacted DLP but they came back with not really suitable options.

I have been to DLP a few yes ago but am stuck for ideas!

Thanks people

Wedmad

I proposed at the park, i did it infront of the castle during candleabration, the evening show that lit the candles on the castle during the 15th celebrations. Unlike now during dream you used to be able to get right down infront of the castle. i had a glass slipper with the ring in and proposed, other guests round us saw what was happening and wished us well and clapped, one couple took photos for us, very special. The funniest part was my other half was afraid she was going to break the glass slipper, I had to tell she would not break it as it had been on space mountain, and big thunder during the day in my coat pocket!

Blue lagoon is a nice romantic meal location

Paul

twentythingamabobs

Ahh yay! I love stuff like this

If you don't want too much of a crowd, try the Wishing Well. Unless Snow is doing a meet and greet there, i've never seen it really busy and it's such a cute little spot and you will still have the castle in the background. Or if she likes princesses, then go to the princess pavillion and do it at the meet and greet then there will only be you two, the princess and a photographer  ;D

Congratulations and good luck!

sleepychap

Thanks

I can't remember seeing the well before so may do a discreet reckie on first day

twentythingamabobs

If you turn right just before the castle (from Main St), walk past the stage then turn left you will come across the wishing well  :)

Vikkilou

When searching for disney tshirts on ebay I came across some saying my favourite prince is my husband. Maybe do that as a pressie & while she's opening it u get down on one knee, maybe at a meet & greet  with a princess get them to give it to her
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

magicmum

Aww how lovely!

Yes it'll be rather busy in August, so if you don't want a crowd it may tricky! How about in front of Disney lake? On a hot day that would look very picturesque. Or there's a balcony of Sleeping Beauty's castle overlooking Fantasy land and that view is very magical.

You could also book a table at Auberge (the princess dining experience - if this appeals to your girlfriend!) and could propose after the princess dance at the fireplace?

If you do a character Meet & Greet where you meet Mickey, Donald and many more, there should be a photo pass photographer on hand - if you purchase photo pass, he would capture the special moment in front of the characters for you!! How exciting.
And Disney store are selling Bride & Groom Mickey & Minnie teddies (I got them for a friend of ours who was due to honeymoon at Disney World), so it may be nice to pick these up as a keep sake!

You'll have to bob back & let everyone know where you finally decided to propose! Best of luck!!

samuelvictor

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on June 30, 2016, 04:33:01 PM
Or if she likes princesses, then go to the princess pavillion and do it at the meet and greet then there will only be you two, the princess and a photographer  ;D
That is a really good idea! Or, if she prefers Mickey to Princesses, there is the meet and greet area for him too. Both would be away from the general public so quite private.

Good luck and wishing happiness to both of you  :D

sleepychap

Hi
Thanks for your assistance

I think it's fair to say mission accomplished !

After a rather rainy wait for the fireworks show I managed to propose in front of the castle

Dlp really is where dreams come true!

perrollaz

Congratulations 🎉
Hope everything went well and wish you two all the best.
Any pictures to share?  ;)

disneymagic006

Congratulations on your engagement. In front of the castle is such a lovely spot and that will be a great memory for you guys.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

Zee79

twentythingamabobs

DisneyGagaChick

Aww congratulations!! So happy for you!! I wish you all the best  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

MrsRoachy