Where to make advanced reservations

Started by Emma78, June 25, 2016, 07:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emma78

Hi I know it's personal preference on where to eat at the resort but I'm still really unsure and need to call reservations. We have standard plus due to staying at NPB (August) We are staying for 4 nights and have already booked the Princess lunch on one of the days. I will have to use another voucher the same evening.

Day 1 - We arrive @ CDG 1700, I'm not sure what time I should make a dinner reservation? I was thinking of a character meal the first night. I'm so unsure about Cafe Mickey it gets such hit and miss reviews, is it worth a try? I don't want it be a disappointing start to our visit.

My daughter only eats very plain food and only mainly eats meat or potatoes. Are buffets the better option? I have decided on Inventions from reading all the good reviews and am tempted to try Chez Rhemy when we are at the studios. I was thinking maybe Cape Cod also for dinner but I don't know if it will be buffet overkill? I want to make the most out of our vouchers but not have to spend a great amount on top. I can't decide if BBWWS is worth a visit when I don't think my daughter will eat any of the food? I know it's recommended to eat outside of regular meal times, is lunch or dinner easier for the main meal with a 4 year old? I would really appreciate any advice! I would like to watch the parade but I really don't know if I will want to see it once or each night as this is our first visit. Sorry about all the questions it's so overwhelming trying to plan this trip! Thanks again

daddyof2

Ok, your questions aren't that simple to answer but I'll give it a go. If you have a very fussy eater, buffets may well be your best bet in general. I would advise making at least one meal reservation per day. You don't have to use it but I like to plan my days around meals, so it works for me. I personally would (and did) plan for one "big" (buffet or table service) meal each day and one quick service when travelling with a 4 year old. You should be able to work around the parade times with a bit of planning. Be mindful that some restaurants in the parks may only be open at lunchtimes, and hotel/village restaurants DO get busy in the evenings. I like cafe mickey, and have eaten there on every visit - its location and character dining work for us. Hope that helps

polar vixen

I'd say go for bbws the children's meal includes unlimited choke our water to drink?  there's cornbread and nachoes to nibble on ay first.  then the kids get roast potatoes, a chicken leg and a sausage and an ice lolly for desert.  and as for the entertainment it's not something you're going to see anywhere else.  as for your first night is make a reservation for about 8pm. either at your hotel,  our Billy Bob's I  the village our plaza gardens.  all are very good although you'd lose a little value on the latter two.

Emma78

Thanks for your advice and taking the time to reply,  I really appreciate your help. I have never planned a holiday to this level before and It's quite stressful. Thanks again