Buffet and breakfast questions

Started by robzabrocky, June 29, 2016, 04:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robzabrocky

Hi everyone,

we are going to DLP in December, staying in one of the Cheyenne Chalets.

We are thinking of going for the buffet meal plan, just to make it easier to budget.

The challenge we have is an autistic son, who won't eat quite a lot of foods.

I'm going to fire over a few questions and would be eternally gratefully if someone could answer some of them.

1) the buffet restaurants, is it an all you can eat buffet? or is it one visit per person per course?

2) do any of the restaurants do "kid food" specifically things like sausages, chicken nuggets, goujons, fish fingers, chips etc. the boy won't eat sandwiches, cheese, pizza, salad.

3) the Cheyenne lodge breakfast breakfast bags, what are the contents like please?

thanks in advance

Rob

MattR

1) The ones I have been to were all all you can eat.

2) Never seen any sandwiches or pizza. In the "better ones" you usually have a lot beef or seafood and cakes for dessert.

dlpowl

My eldest has ASD and is a very fussy eater too.  We've never had a problem in the buffet restaurants, there's always something he likes.  There's always fresh bread too and stuff to put in it so you could make him a sandwich to his own design if that's what he would like.  There really is lots of choice.  We ate at Cheyenne one night and I can't remember exactly what he had but there was lots of kid friendly stuff.  If you have a look through the photos on trip advisor it will give you an idea. https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g226865-d1901713-Reviews-Chuck_Wagon_Cafe-Marne_la_Vallee_Seine_et_Marne_Ile_de_France.html

Yes, they are all you can eat buffets and you can go back as much as you like.

I'd stick with the Standard meal plan because the Plus and Premium ones cover the more expensive restaurants which are predominantly set menus.  We are eating at Chez Remy one night and I'm pretty sure I'll have to buy my son a McDonald's afterwards because I know he won't eat the food but as a family we really want to go for the experience.  We are also doing cafe Mickey but their set menu is food he likes so we will be okay there.   If there are any of the more expensive places you want to try then you can always use your standard meal vouchers at their face value and pay the difference.   We have the standard plan because the buffets suit us better and we are just paying the extra on the 2 nights we are eating at Chez Remy and Cafe Mickey.   Have a look on DLP guide at all the menus, that might help you make a decision but I certainly wouldn't worry about the buffets, there's loads of choice.

polar vixen

Cheyenne it's hotel rooms whereas davy crockett is cabins.  Cheyenne breakfast is a buffet where as davy Crockett is breakfast bags.  which are you staying at?  tge buffet breakfast is croissant, bread rolls, pain au chocolate,  ham, cheese, yogurt.  . davy crockett you get a baguette, croissant our cereal,  Apple puree,  spreads juice and tea/coffee.   we actually find the cheaper buffets have the more cold friendly foods,  and wr have 3 autistic boys. we try one talker meal but only one!

robzabrocky

thanks guys, it is Davy Crockett, I got confused.

sounds like the buffet should be a good choice for us, even if there is just bread, potatoes and a meat he should be fine. And puddings, he'll eat as many of them as he can get his little hands on.

thanks again

polar vixen

Think you'll love Davy Crockett. Loads of space outside to chill out. Or boys loved it. The restaurant on-site has a good buffet too. We got a really good social stories app and added pictures of all the restaurants we were going to eat at which really helped to. And make sure you get your easy access pass from city hall to reduce queuing stress! Have a fab time

robzabrocky

Thanks Polar Vixen, hopefully the green pass will be lined up. We aren't going until Boxing Day so lots of time to plan. We are trying to do it as a semi-surprise (always risky with ASD) the boys know they are going on holiday at Xmas, but don't know where.

Definitely will get the meal plan sorted out now, cheers