Would I be cheaper upgrading to premium plan?

Started by Vikkilou, June 14, 2016, 01:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vikkilou

Hi we currently have a std full board meal plan ( this was all that was offered as an upgrade to the free half board meal plan )  but wondering am I cheaper upgrading to premium as we would like to do the buffalo show & dine at inventions
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

ZoeG

yes, defo. I calculated it all out as we wanted to do inventions, cinderella lunch and buffalo bill's, and it was defo working out cheaper than paying it seperately.

Vikkilou

Do you know if am right in thinking it's 77£ exta per adult & £39 per child ?
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

dlpowl

If you got the free half board dining offer from Disney then you can't upgrade to a higher level eating plan.   I telephoned them twice to discuss it in the hope that the first person I spoke to was mistaken!  But they weren't.  I assume this is the same even though you're full board.  It's all about the level that you were given for free.

We are staying at Davy Crockett so the free half board we were given is the Standard level.  I asked if we could upgrade to the next level which is the Plus level and pay the extra but were told no.  You can purchase a higher level eating plan at full price, but you can't upgrade from the level that you were given free and just pay the difference.

Not sure if that's what you were thinking?  Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?  Hahaa!

Vikkilou

Aw really?? That's so rubbish grrr just made things very expensive or not do able now
Thanks for letting me know
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

dlpowl

I know, I was really disappointed, hence why I rang twice to make sure!  Hahaaa!

I suppose if they did that they would get loads of people upgrading for a bargain price and then the more expensive places would be packed and the buffets places less so.

I just wish they would give you food vouchers worth x amount of pounds and then let you spend them how you want but I suppose they bank on people wanting to dine at places like Cafe Mickey and paying the difference.

This is what confuses me though, I can go to a higher level restaurant and pay the difference on the day, yet I can't pay the difference in advance by upgrading my meal plan?  Odd.

michie0106

I wonder if you can use your vouchers at face value and pay the difference?  I did this for Inventions and buffalo bills with standard vouchers.  It wasn't the free half board deal but I would assume you can do the same?  Hopefully someone else can confirm.  Hope you can

Vikkilou

Grr s9 annoying esp when I don't think they r really giving u half board free anyway  we went last year & paid seperate for half board then all the half board free deals came out & it was just about the same price as we had paid anyway
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

dlpowl

Yes they definitely build the so called 'free half board' into the price, I'm convinced of that.

You can definitely dine in ANY Disney restaurant you want and use 1 standard meal voucher per person and pay the difference, that is for sure.  I think the current value of the vouchers is about €26 per adult and €13 per child.  So that's what you get knocked off the bill basically.

Zee79

Yeah, we have standard vouchers & have been told it's about €30 extra per adult in Inventions. Have you tried using discount sites for buffalo bills? We used ticketnetfr & save around £100 for family of 4 , super trips are advertising tickets for around £39. Never used them but thinking about using them for an annual pass after reading about them on here.

dlpowl

We were looking at Buffalo Bills but the prices on Disney make it a very expensive experience as there 5 of us.   I'm assuming you wouldn't be able to use your standard vouchers as part payment if buying through a third party ticket provider? 

Zee79

No you won't be able to use your vouchers in part payment for third party tickets sorry

Vikkilou

Well I got in touch with thomson who I booked with they tang disney & apparently I can't upgrade because am staying in the cheyenne??
So just going to stick with what we got, I've booked breakfast with the characters at mickeys as a supreme so that will have to do.  Hubby wants to do buffalo bill but even with our std tickets going towards the price it's still over £100 which I think is alot for what u get really
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

dlpowl

That's exactly the thing - it depends on what hotel you're in as to what level meal plan you get.  Cheyenne is the Standard level.  But if you were staying in say, Newport Bay, you'd get the Plus level, but you still couldn't upgrade from that to the Premium.  You basically can't upgrade from the level they are giving you as part of the free offer. 

I agree about Buffalo Bills too, I just can't justify the extra expense.

Vikkilou

Confuses me tho as we went for the plus package when staying in santa fe last year & that's the same key or lower?? Oh well never mind, just going to save & see if we can maybe do inventions for brunch or dinner. At least I've got mickeys cafe booked seperate. Y can't they just make it all simple, it's hard enough trying to plan your time as best u can while your there ha ha
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17