Fast passes and extra magic hours

Started by SarahAndSquirrel, April 23, 2016, 10:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SarahAndSquirrel

So with my little guy I really don't forsee queuing going down well for any length of time so we won't to avoid it where we can.

In the terms of what we can do during extra magic hours and which fastpasses we can get that early for later, what would be the suggested plan if action per park?
I'm really conscious of how busy it's going to be and not wasting opportunities to enable us.
I'd be so grateful, thank you.
First visit to DLP June 2016, time to get planning!

WDW 2012 Disneymoon

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: SarahAndSquirrel on April 23, 2016, 10:35:00 AM
So with my little guy I really don't forsee queuing going down well for any length of time so we won't to avoid it where we can.

In the terms of what we can do during extra magic hours and which fastpasses we can get that early for later, what would be the suggested plan if action per park?
I'm really conscious of how busy it's going to be and not wasting opportunities to enable us.
I'd be so grateful, thank you.

EMH hours are 8am to 10 am. During that time only Fantasyland and Discoveryland are open.

When I was there in February 2016 the following rides were open in Fantasyland
Dumbo
Carousel
Pinochio
Teacups

When I was there in February 2016 the following rides were open in Discoveryland
Buzz
Space Mountain
Orbitron

Between 8am and 10am, these rides are generally walk ons and you can ride them multiple times if you want, although you will have to exit and re-enter.

The Fastpass machines do not open until 10am, general park opening time. Currently due to refurbs, the rides that have fastpasses that are open are
Space Mountain
Buzz
Indiana Jones

Usually what people do is do the EMH open rides multiple times between 8am and 9.45am. Then at 9.45am people either line up at the Fantasyland and Discoveryland rides which are not open, or line up at the Adventureland entrances , the one in Fantasyland for Pirates or the one near the hub for Haunted Mansion. That way when everything opens at 10am, the EMH people are first on the rides while the general public are still on Main Street.

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

daddyof2

Tink has pretty much hit the nail on the head. With a 3 year old, fantasyland is your major attraction so use EMH for the rides you can, then keep an eye on the queue times. Peter pans flight is good, and my kids also love casey jr and the storybook ride. Autopia in discovery land gets big queues, so hit that early on (use EMH for buzz). In the studios, there are plenty of shows at set times so work a little plan around them, then fit a few other rides around those

SarahAndSquirrel

Super thank you! So much to go by there!
Do they have EMH at the Studios? Anyone know about Crushes Coaster? Are there fast passes for it or does it open for EMH.

WDW 2012 Disneymoon

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: SarahAndSquirrel on April 23, 2016, 08:38:53 PM
Super thank you! So much to go by there!
Do they have EMH at the Studios? Anyone know about Crushes Coaster? Are there fast passes for it or does it open for EMH.

No EMH in the Studios when there is EMH in the main park. Occasionally they switch for example if they need to do something early morning in the park like put in the Christmas tree, but its very rare. The Studios open at 10 am officially but sometimes they let people in around 9.30 but the rides dont start until 10am.

Crushes Coaster does not have a Fastpass but it has a single rider line. Most people line up at 9.30am to go straight to Crush
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

SarahAndSquirrel

Oh crikey! Well, maybe we'll do one or two rides in the park then off to line up to go straight to Crushes Coaster, otherwise I'm willing to bet we won't get a chance without a distressed tot!

WDW 2012 Disneymoon

Ohana

They have free wifi and a crush game you can play while waiting, if he's old enough to enjoy that kind of thing? May make the wait less boring. And maybe take some sweets for the queue?
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

SarahAndSquirrel

WDW 2012 Disneymoon

daddyof2

Ratatouille and flying carpets are fastpass rides in the studios

SarahAndSquirrel

WDW 2012 Disneymoon

billy

Quote from: daddyof2 on April 23, 2016, 10:41:15 PM
Ratatouille and flying carpets are fastpass rides in the studios
for ratatouille, id go there just before 10am to get your fast pass as the park does open slightly earlier than 10am, as the fastpass go really quickly. We got there at 10am in feb and our time was for 4.45pm!

stifle

EMH is in Parc Walt Disney Studios usually for parts of November and in both parks over the Christmas period.

Even without EMH guests can start to enter the Studios from about 9:40 and they then queue at Ratatouille, its FastPass machine, and Crush's Coaster.

A&S&O

If you're staying onsite, ask if you can have breakfast in the park. They sometimes do this and it means that you won't have to get up so early (to be in the park for 8am) and you can go for breakfast when the park starts to get busier.

If you time your visit to Fantasyland right, you can queue at the rope near the entrance to Pirates and get straight on. We've done this and been allowed to stay on the boat and go around 3 times!
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?