Euro 2016 Football

Started by Poohbearfan, April 16, 2016, 04:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poohbearfan

It didn't occur to me that the football would be on when we booked - final 16 to be precise. I suspect it may have bumped up flight prices, but how will it affect how busy the parks are? Just a bit quieter during match times? Was the World cup in France relatively recently? Anyone have a clue?

Karen101

Yikes .... Just realized it's on when we are going .... I wonder will there be anywhere to watch the matches ... For my hubby not me

When are you going ? We are the first week in July

Poohbearfan

Last weekend in June over 25/26th!
Is there a sports bar in the village?

stifle

Quote from: Poohbearfan on April 16, 2016, 05:14:10 PM
Last weekend in June over 25/26th!
Is there a sports bar in the village?
Yes there is. It's called The Sports Bar and you can't miss it!

Poohbearfan

I might want to miss it ;-)

whatsupanders

Don't think it would have too much of an effect on the parks.

twentythingamabobs

I love the Sports Bar! I think you're lucky, it will just add to the atmosphere in the Village  8) :)

Samninetysix

I think any games on at weekends and the Sports Bar will be rammed also the immediate area

jeakat24

I knew when we booked that it would be the Euros as my husband had already booked the time off work to watch them, which I then hijacked to go to Disneyland  :P We're going 20th-23rd and if there are any matches he really wants to watch he can go to the Sports Bar. I think it'll be pretty busy though! Though I don't think it will have too much, if any, impact on the parks. I hope.
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Karen101

Let me know how it is when you get back and if your hubby managed to watch :)

We are going 4th of July :) so I'd imagine my hubby will want to watch some as well

glenn

When I have been before there was a big screen at the side of the sports bar,was very packed.