Yacht Club, Newport Bay

Started by CitrusZing, March 16, 2016, 11:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CitrusZing

Has anyone eaten at the Yacht Club restaurant at the Newport Bay Hotel recently? How was it?

There are mixed reviews for it on TripAdvisor and some confusion in the reviews over whether it is table service or a buffet. At NPB, Cape Cod is the buffet and Yacht Club is the table service restaurant still?

Has anyone got details of a more up to date menu? The one in DLP Guide is from 2012.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

LotsoHugginBear

I have been there last week. The Yacht Clu is a table service restaurant and in my opinion together with California Grill the highlight of the whole resort.
The food was delicious, the wine fits very well and the stuff was very friendly.
We had a wonderfull evening.

stifle

It is a table service restaurant but sometimes they run the buffet from Cape Cod there instead depending on demand.

CitrusZing

Quote from: LotsoHugginBear on March 16, 2016, 05:17:58 PM
I have been there last week. The Yacht Club is a table service restaurant and in my opinion together with California Grill the highlight of the whole resort.
The food was delicious, the wine fits very well and the stuff was very friendly.
We had a wonderfull evening.

Excellent, I was hoping someone would say something like that. :) Thank you.

Quote from: stifle on March 16, 2016, 07:57:59 PM
It is a table service restaurant but sometimes they run the buffet from Cape Cod there instead depending on demand.

That's one of the things I was concerned about after they started doing that at Sequoia Lodge.
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:

DisneyEverywhere

Check out a recent review of the restaurant over at the DisneyTouristBlog forum:

http://forums.disneytouristblog.com/index.php?threads/yacht-club-restaurant.713/

Very positive, we're hoping to dine there on our next trip.

CitrusZing

Excellent, thanks DisneyEverywhere. There are photos of the menu too, brilliant.
Upcoming:

CitrusZing

Just found a video about the refurb/relaunch of Yacht Club. It also has images of the food and the menu on.

The food looks lovely. I originally thought the Seafood Linguine was a bit of a dull option but having seen it now I may be picking it if it's still on the menu when we go.

They have subtitled what the English speaker is saying in French but haven't added English subtitles for the cast members speaking in French. Frustrating.

http://disneylandparis-news.com/en/new-flavours-on-the-horizon-of-the-yacht-club-restaurant/
Upcoming:

CitrusZing

Just booked our dinner at Yacht Club for Tuesday 19th April. The advisor said that it was closed Sunday and Monday.
Upcoming:

DisneyEverywhere

DisneyEverywhere

Does anyone have an up to date menu for Yacht Club?

Or any recent reviews?