Birthday question

Started by amywayne2701, March 13, 2016, 08:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amywayne2701

Hi has anyone been to Disney recently and ordered a birthday cake ? If so what cake is it (flavour) as we are there for my daughters birthday and want to order a cake. Last time we went on her birthday it was a chocolate sponge cake. A few have said it's now an ice cream cake but it seems such a waste of money if we cNt take what is left away with us as well as the fact she doesn't eat icecream.
Thanks

SmileyRach

As fair as I'm aware (I could be wrong) you can specify what cake you want because they can't have one generic ice cream cake because there are people (like my mother) who can't eat ice cream for health reasons
Trips to Disneyland
Jul 1999 – Davy Crockett Ranch
Jul 2002 – Davy Crockett Ranch
Jul 2005 – Davy Crockett Ranch
Jul 2008 – Davy Crockett Ranch
Jul 2011 – Davy Crockett Ranch
Jul 2012 – Davy Crockett Ranch
Mar 2015 – Day trip with school
Jul 2015 – Davy Crockett Ranch
Feb 2018 - Newport Bay Club - Compass Club - 21st Birthday

[/url]

Boxy

I have had a birthday cake at Inventions in Disneyland Hotel. It was two years ago and it was a chocolate sponge cake. As there were only four of us to eat it I asked for a box so I could take it away with me. They brought the original box to the table and put the rest of the cake in it for me. I was still eating it a week later and it lasted well.
We took our own gluten free  cake to Inventions for my daughter the same week. They wanted to charge us 18 Euros, (they explained it was like charging for corkage if we had brought our own wine,) after questioning this with the manager and explaining that they did not have any gluten free cakes to offer us they waived the extra charge.

amywayne2701

Might have to see if we can take a cake with us then. I don't mind paying a fee so long as they let us take our own and would still bring it out to the table.
Is there an email address I can contact as I am unable to make outgoing calls at the moment only have Internet and texting.
Thanks

stifle

The restaurants do not have email addresses. You need to ring the central reservations number.

DisneyGagaChick

I had a birthday cake last month at Cafe Mickey- it was an ice cream one. Got brain freeze whilst trying to eat it as fast as we could!