Favourite Place to Watch the Parade and Disney Dreams

Started by SKT1975, January 15, 2016, 02:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKT1975

Hi All,

As this will be my first time to Disneyland Paris I was wondering where people would recommend the best place to stand is for the Parade and Disney Dreams.   I'll have a three year old with me.  Is it best to get your spot at least 30 minutes before they start? 

Thank you  :)

NCC1701Q

This very much depends on when you're going. When will that be?

A&S&O

People can start queuing for Dreams up to 2 hours before - it all depends what time of year it is, how busy the park is and how keen you are to be at the front. If the weather is good, you can pick your spot in front of the castle, sit on the ground and take a book or tablet or something else to occupy your family. If the weather s cold or its not busy, you can get your spot around 30 minutes before the show.

For the parade, again it all depends on how busy the park is. Main Street is usually busy, with people picking their spot on kerbside around an hour before. Its usually quieter around small world and the route that leads to the castle.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

never2old

For the parade, we always go to the start, near It's a Small World. We usually get a spot near the Bella Notte restaurant. That area is the last to get really filled, so usually we go 30-20 minutes before and find a first row spot. Sometimes I go ahead and save a spoit while my DH takes our daughter to IASW, so she doesn't need to wait for too long.

For Dreams we always end up to the right of the castle, between Discoveryland and the castle. Again it's a bit quieter than other areas, and depending on how busy it is (and how late we get there) we can either get a good front row spot, or stay further back. Since it's quieter our daughter can usually run around (if she's not too tired and resting in her push chair). If your little one is sensitive to loud noises or bright lights, maybe try standing further back (like around the rocks at the entrance of Discoveryland).

haribosmum

We always watch the parade right from the start too.  Then walk round while other people are still waiting for it to get to them, occasionally we catch it twice if we're leaving the park :-)

For Dreams, it's normally cold when we go so we don't stake out a space for too long and the time we did a family then stood right in front of us at the last minute anyway.  The good thing is that you can pretty much see if from anywhere, I was surprised at how far back you could make it all out - even in the town square.  If you can get a bench or near a railing where no-one can stand in front that's probably best but most of the detail is very high up on the castle so can see.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

SKT1975

Thanks so much for your replies  :). We will be there last week of April so I guess could be cold but fingers crossed getting a bit warmer. This forum is so fabulous for helping me plan our Disney adventure.

wimmekepunk

We always try to find a spot near the two little towers at the bella notte toilets for the parade

We always try to find a spot behind a flower bed in the center cirkel for Dreams
feb2020 WDW Pop Century+Boardwalk
sep2019 DLP offsite
sep2019 DLP Sequoia
may2019 DLP Sequoia
apr2019 DLR offsite
dec2018 WDW Pop Century+Old Key West
oct2018 DLP Sequoia
jun2018 DLP Sequoia
apr2018 DLP Sequoia
sep2017 DLP Off Site
jan 2017 DLP Sequoia
oct 2016 DLP Sequoia
sep 2016 WDW Saratoga Springs
jun 2016 DLR Off Site
apr 2016 DLP Sequoia
jan 2016 DLP Sequoia
dec 2015 DLP Sequoia
oct 2015 WDW Off Site
jun 2015 WDW Off Site
apr 2015 DLP Sequoia
oct 2013 DLP Off Site
apr 2013 DLP Off Site

DLPWonders (Banned)

Simple: there is no best spot. Everyone likes different spots for different reasons.

For me personally... I'm very short (only 5"1) and I do a lot of photography.
So I won't settle for anything less than front row.
This makes it that for me regarding Disney Dreams, I always watch it right in front of the castle.
Not second row, not in Main Street. No, against the rope all the way at the front.
I'm a die hard and I take my spot at least 2 hours before Dreams starts.
The longest I've ever waited was 3,5 hours. The park was insanely crowded that day.
Regarding the Disney Magic On Parade (or any other parade like the Halloween Cavalcade and Christmas Parade) I watch it either all the way at the beginning or all the way at the end.
Not halfway the beginning or halfway the end. No.
I'm either the first person at the entry gates or the last person at the exit gates.
And usually I take my spot about 1,5 hours before start of the parade.

But again, this is all very personal. There is no right or wrong spot.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

disneymagic006

Hi with having little ones in our party who don't like to be still for very long it's not practical for us to be waiting hours. We usually get there 20-30 min before, the longest we've waited is 1hr 20 and we only managed that because we sat near Caseys having food and playing games.

It's personal choice as there are lots of good spots to watch the parade and dreams - but for our party and needs we tend to go for the seats near the castle stage for the parade, gives everyone a sit down rest, close to toilets etc and fantastic view of floats coming between the towers near Bella notte.

For dreams we have seen this in a number of places. Found the main bit of main street way too crowded. Near the railings by Caseys was okay. Near the railings in front of the castle was great view but got pushed around a lot. Think my favourite spot so far has been between plaza gardens and discovery arcade, quiet, room for little ones to play and we can walk about a bit, also straight down discovery arcade and out the left gates is a super speedy exit from the parks, perfect for little ones wanting to get to bed and in avoiding the leaving crowds!

It's all about what you want/need. Xx
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

billy

are there only two parades then?
What is Disney dreams?
Thanks for you help!  :)

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: billy on January 21, 2016, 12:32:22 PM
are there only two parades then?
What is Disney dreams?
Thanks for you help!  :)

Depending on when you're going.
During Halloween and Christmas season, there's also the special seasonal cavalcades (mini-parades).
But the rest of the year there is just one parade: the Disney Magic On Parade.
Disney Dreams is a projection show on Sleeping Beauty Castle, with light, water and fireworks elements.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

billy

thanks DLRP Wonders that is really helpful.
I've already been told the parade is on the Friday night so ill keep an eye out for the dreams one as i know my girls willl love that ;)

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: billy on January 21, 2016, 04:54:18 PM
I've already been told the parade is on the Friday night so ill keep an eye out for the dreams one as i know my girls willl love that ;)

There is no nighttime parade, but the Disney Magic On Parade (currently at 16.45, but it will move to 17.30 in March) is daily.

Dreams isn't a parade, it's a show.

Leopold

Quote from: DLRPWonders on January 21, 2016, 10:11:52 PM
Quote from: billy on January 21, 2016, 04:54:18 PM

There is no nighttime parade, but the Disney Magic On Parade (currently at 16.45, but it will move to 17.30 in March) is daily.

Dreams isn't a parade, it's a show.

Do you know when in March it will change? And how long does the Parade go on for?
Thanks.

billy

according to disney reservations there is a parade on the friday night at 8pm (friday 26th feb) as they advised us of this when we went to book our meal at mickey's cafe.
maybe this is a special one as it is the kids school holidays!!