Davy Crockett ranch information

Started by ChipandDale99, January 08, 2016, 08:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChipandDale99

This year I am going to dlp in February. I've been lots before but this time we are staying in the Davy Crockett ranch for the first time ever as there are 5 of us. I can't wait but I don't know much about the ranch and have a few questions. We are going for 4 nights and booked on the 25% and half board meal so we get breakfast. Does anyone know what this breakfast will consist of? We also plan on eating at the restaurant there. Is it any good? Is the food good?
We are staying in a pioneer cabin but how far away are these from the centre? Finally what's the quietest time for the swimming pool?
Sorry there are a lot of questions. Any other tips and experiences would be much appreciated thanks!!

extremusPT

I guess i have the same questions as you do. I´m only going on 1st of march, so... Waiting on your feedback!  ;D

Slimy yet satisfying

Um. Not sure how it works at DCR as they dont offer breakfast as part of the regular package?
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

Sulley's Arms

Hi both

We've stayed at DCR lots of times, but only when the breakfast was served from the hut at the entrance to each Trail (I think they're still there so you'll see what I mean when you approach your cabin!).  Now that it is from Crokett's Tavern I don't know whether its the same (and that you still take it back to your cabin, as before) or whether you actually dine there.  You used to get croissants, butter, jam, baguettes, litre carton of orange juice, hot chocolates / coffees, etc.  If it's the same type of breakfast now then we always loved it, as it can really fill you up (and we used the baguette for lunch!).

Evening meals at Crockett's Tavern are actually among our favourite Disneyland treat - we always dine there even when not staying at DCR!  It is buffet service, with a fairly varied selection, with salads, soup, fish dishes, curries, chips, ribs, etc., etc.  There are also lots of desserts.

The only downside is that you HAVE to try lots of different things and end up feeling like you'll burst!!
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

ChipandDale99

Thank you sulleys Arms. Can't wait. Already have crocketts tavern reserved.
Quote from: extremusPT on February 10, 2016, 04:50:03 PM
I guess i have the same questions as you do. I´m only going on 1st of march, so... Waiting on your feedback!  ;D
I will let you know extremusPT  :)

extremusPT

ChipandDale99 that was a nice answer. It looks like its a good breakfast. I think i will add it when i get there.
About the Crocket´s tavern do you think i need to make a reservation? we are 6. We already got a reservation for Inventions but i dont know if we need to make a reservation for crocket´s tavern. We are also thinking on going to blue lagoon restaurant

ChipandDale99

I shouldn't be to busy on the around the 1st of March. However it is probably better to be safe than sorry.
We love blue lagoon the food,atmosphere and experience. However look at the menu because it is to a certain taste. But I would definitely recommend it.

polar vixen

if you have a half board package breakfast is incLuded at Davy Crockett, last time we were there we had to collect from a Littl caBin do if it has changed id love to know what it's like!   5 tge pool there is one if the best I  disney if it's open! !

Sulley's Arms

That moment when you realise that you'll be dining at Crockett's Tavern THIS SUNDAY!!!!

Aaarrrgghhh!!!  Can't wait  ;D ;D ;D
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

nadinebriggs

Help please anyone!! We (being 5 of use) are going end of March and bit worried about where everyone is going to sleep. Our party consists of myself and my husband, our son and his mate (both aged 13) and my Mother in Law. We are hoping the settee in the lounge is a bed settee but struggling to find out. Can anyone help with this please and thank you

Sulley's Arms

Quote from: nadinebriggs on February 11, 2016, 05:19:27 PM
Help please anyone!! We (being 5 of use) are going end of March and bit worried about where everyone is going to sleep. Our party consists of myself and my husband, our son and his mate (both aged 13) and my Mother in Law. We are hoping the settee in the lounge is a bed settee but struggling to find out. Can anyone help with this please and thank you

Hi
Don't panic!

The original 1 bedroom cabins had a double bed & bunk beds in the room, plus sofa bed in the lounge. The 2 bedroom cabins had a double room, plus a triple room (3 singles) plus a single sofa bed.

They've all been upgraded in recent years since we last stayed so I'm not certain how they a currently set out, but they always included a sofa bed of some description.  And they are definitely all for 6 people, regardless of the type.
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

polar vixen

we've never had a safe bed and have stayed 6 times now.  main room has a dOuble bed.  the second room has 3 single beds and a fourth which can be pulledd out from underneath one of them.  I suppose there nothing to stop you putting up the fourth bed In  the little living area.  the settee. ....fine for sitting on but not really wide our long enough for sleeping I

nadinebriggs

thank you everyone for your feedback, fingers crossed we have a bed settee, if not we are all going to be a much closer family than we already are!!! And a very tired set of parents as well!!
Still you don't go to sleep do you, you go for the magic of Disney.....
Just hope 13 year old boys can become 3 year old and enjoy it with me!!

nadinebriggs

Sulley's Arms, as you are going this weekend (v v v exciting for you) will you please let me know if you have a bed settee?
Hope you have a brilliant time

Sulley's Arms

Quote from: nadinebriggs on February 12, 2016, 10:17:41 AM
Sulley's Arms, as you are going this weekend (v v v exciting for you) will you please let me know if you have a bed settee?
Hope you have a brilliant time

Ah, you see, we're dining at Crockett's Tavern on Valentine's Day but we're not staying at DCR  ;)

We are staying 'offsite', to keep costs down (£200) and have APs so we still do the EMH, etc.  Far cheaper 5 day trip.  DCR is an occasional treat!  :)

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]