Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alaina82

OMG fingers crossed Mason!!

Just a quick update guys and its bad news my end!!! Was learning a dance for parade last weds and cos its all arm/wrist movments and very repetitive i felt it aching a bit by the end of the day. Didnt think anything of it but over the next few days it got really bad so went to first aid on sunday. Was told to rest and luckily was my days off mon/tues but it still really hurt, to the point that last night i had no grip and couldnt even wash my hair! Anyway, went back to first aid again this morning and to cut a long story short was told to go see the doctor in town. Had an appt at 17:40 and 2.5 hrs later (and after the surgery had closed) i was sent home with a very bandaged arm. Turns out ive torn a tendon and have been signed off for 14 days....to make matters worse i dont get paid AND i have to go back on friday and if it hasnt gotten any better im stuck in a plaster cast!!! Ive been here 3 wks and im already signed off for 2 :(

Word of warning...dont EVER injure yourself in a foreign country cos today has been one of the toughest days for me. Trying to make yourself understood when neither of you understand the other and trying to get to grips with another countries lack of NHS system makes for a very long, stressful, teary day.....i dont even have my mummy here to cuddle lol
Got so many forms of which i have no idea what theyre for and been told a million different things in very broken English. Today i really wish i was at home....altho if im signed off for 2 wks i'll prob nip back over to UK for a week...silver lining and all that :)

I'm gonna pop into work tomo and tell them what happened....i'll keep u all posted!!

Chiyo

That are horrible news Alaina! I already was worrying, cause I haven't heard anything from you, but this is a explanation.

I'll cross fingers for you that you can go to work soon again without pain.
They really don't pay you, when you are sick? Hah, that's the same like in America, they also don't pay when you don't come to work, for what reason ever *dropp*
Thought, in Europe it's different than in America, but  it seems, I thought wrong ;)

_Natalie_x

oh no thats awful :( i wish i was there with you... my french is a little sketchy but i with an A level i feel like i could have helped abit lol!! :p or i could just wish that you never hurt yourself... :/  :D ehehhe <3
hope you get better sooon!!! :(  its bad news but im sure all will be fine soon. sometimes you just cant be in control and i guess this is one of those moments!! evrything will sort itself out :)
just rest it and dont do any handstands!!!
love and get well soon kisses for your wrist! :lol:
Natalie xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

_Natalie_x

HII quick update from mee :D
its 1:19 and im just back from my friends fancy dress party.. where i went as the one and only... snow white ! woo!
ill upload a full body one when someone puts em on facebook from the party!! but heres one i took b4 :)

wearing far too much makeup on my eyes hahah! i had false eyelashes and contacts to make my eyes bigger and dopeyerr! lol -_-
and also i have my first disney CM meeting on sunday at 6.. so blummin' excited to meet everyone n to get into it !!
Hope eveyrone is well!!! <3 xxxxx
Here we are... <3[/b]

kelly.dylan

Natalie you look gorgeous :D
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

norhel

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"Natalie you look gorgeous :D
Absolutely agreed!!
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Chiyo

Guys, you're speaking right out of my soul (hope I can say this: It's a saying, we have here in Germany :))
But I want to see the entire costume, Natalie. Did you made it yourself?

But when I look at your face, I'm wondering, why they cut you at the auditions... but probably cause your place is at the  Disney store ;)

kelly.dylan

I think you should go to your next audition dressed like that, contact lenses and lashes too :D
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

_Natalie_x

Hahaha yes my friends were saying tht too LOL can you imagine someone walking into the audition full on dressed up!
itd be right embarrassing to get cut tho :( lol!!    Thank youu for the comments by the way :D

excuese my stance i look right daft it was just before i set off and my mum wanted a picture hahaha ! :P
there was another snow white at the party !! :'( booo!! But she went home half way thru so it wasnt too bad :p hehehe
hope you lot are all ok :) ill write back 2morra night after the first meeting at DS!! xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

_Natalie_x

^^ ew its all distorted haha! oh well ignore my face :px
Here we are... <3[/b]

tinker_fairy

Hi everyone :) I've read this board for a long time and would just like to say how genuinely nice you all sound :) for those that are working at Disney, i hope you are so so happy living the dream. And those that are auditioning/ waiting, I hope all your dreams come true. I love Disney from the bottom of my heart, reading some of your stories and seeing how passionate some of the cast members are makes me smile so much :) Natalie, I noticed your countdown says one day! If thats right, I'm so happy for you. And you look so so pretty in your costume :) xxx
NEXT DISNEY TRIP BOOKED!!

July/August 2013 :D

Just back from the best holiday yet \":D\"

_Natalie_x

thanks alot tinker -_- welcome to this thread!! Do you have disney dreams in the future or are you planning on staying at the other side of the magic?? :D loll hope you've enjoyed reading !! hehe xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

tinker_fairy

Well, working at Disney would obviously be IMMENSE but I just don't think it's where I'll end up :) although I just love going there. Obviously can't do it much as it's an expensive trip, but each time I go it's just indescribable :) i would love to go one time and meet some of the cast members here! Feel like I know everyone after reading, how sad it that :) xxx
NEXT DISNEY TRIP BOOKED!!

July/August 2013 :D

Just back from the best holiday yet \":D\"

norhel

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Hahaha yes my friends were saying tht too LOL can you imagine someone walking into the audition full on dressed up!
itd be right embarrassing to get cut tho :( lol!!    Thank youu for the comments by the way :D

excuese my stance i look right daft it was just before i set off and my mum wanted a picture hahaha ! :P
there was another snow white at the party !! :'( booo!! But she went home half way thru so it wasnt too bad :p hehehe
hope you lot are all ok :) ill write back 2morra night after the first meeting at DS!! xx

Great picture! :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

alaina82

Awww Nat u look beeyootiful!!Were u wearing a kids dress tho by any chance, i dont think Snow White would be allowed out on a float in a dress that doesnt come to below to the knees lol. Good luck with ur CM meeting, the customers will be lucky having u there. Everytime ive gone into the DIsney store theyve been a right miserable lot!

On a different note....back to me :p

Went to docs on friday for my scan to see if i would need a cast and cos my French social security number hasnt come thru yet they refused to treat me as i couldnt pay for it otherwise (the cash machine ate my bank card!!). Went in to see the doc and she told me to go back to the UK to get it treated cos they couldnt do anything for me! Anway....i then went back to Disney AGAIN to explain all this and they said it was total bull and they couldnt refuse me treatment. I was told to go to the hospital and get it sorted. Sooooooooo.....yesterday i went to the hospital, waited for about 4 hrs and the verdict is....NOTHING!! no bandage, no cast, no nothing!! they said it isnt broken which clearly i know already cos i can move the damn thing but apart from that they didnt do anything, no exam, nothing except sign me off until 18th Oct. I think he gave me a perscription of some sort but he didnt speak English so i have no idea what he was talking about or what he was meant to have given me but cos i dont have a bank card i cant get it anyway! Im going back into work today to give them the updated sick note and cos my days off are 18th and 19th that week technically i dont have to be back at work til 20th (need to clarify that) so im going back to England :) My arm still grinds like a rusty hinge during the day which im sure its not meant to do and it hurts if ive used it so i'll probably visit A&E back home and speak to and ENGLISH doctor who speaks ENGLISH!! Can anyone tell im a little frustrated right now!!! And to top it all off theres a French strike due on Tuesday which is when im flying home....GRRRRRRR!! I am very quickly losing my Disney magic smile...hopefully when i get home, have a bath and eat some english food i'll be happy again lol

Sorry to moan, im sure France isnt that bad really...........................