Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alaina82

Quote from: "itslewis"OMG you got Lazy Town haha AMAZING! Doing what, on the actual TV show?!

Haha i WISH it was the tv show!! I was Stephanie doing live shows around the UK, pretty fun....im so short tho that i can only go for kids stuff. Good job i act like one most of the time  :P

Its definately up to you Luke to decide what you want, i just dont want you regretting something in the long run cos you might not get the opportunity again....if you decide not to do Disney im sure something bigger and better will turn up for you anyway  :D

dlrpmad

I feel sooooo happy for all those who are working is Disneyland Paris, it would be my dream come true!!! I was speaking to the manager of my local Disney Store and he said I had a really good chance to work for them. Was overwelmed by this idea and I hope I get a job there but it would be nothing like working at Disneyland!!! Do you think they'd take more notice of me at an audition if I'd of already worked for them??

I am going on holiday in October so I hope you guys give me another great experience (if anyone is Stitch prepare to be hugged lol). I regret I'm only 17 so I can't actually work for disneyland but as soon as I'm near 18 I'm going to London/ Leeds for the next audition!!! I'd never give up I'd always SMILE :D !!

I have babbled enough , and I hope you work for the land of dreams soon Natalie!!!

Sean
Dream Disney!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

luke85

Thanks for all of the kind words everyone, almost made me cry! I'm just so petrified of coming back and being out of work for ages again. I think I'm going to go for it, you're all right, it's a ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity and it's something I have always wanted to do :)

I've just had a really tough day and your messages have really perked me up, said goodbye to my Sister today as she's going travelling for 2 months, and had a bad day a work. Thank you for making me feel a bit more positive :)

alaina82

HOORAY  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  

Glad we made a difference in your decision, i hope none of us will regret it but lifes an adventure! Anyway, uve already got Lewis to hold your hand...u two can be travel buddies  :P  

Cant wait to meet u both  :D/

itslewis

YAY, glad your coming Luke. If you don't like it you can always come home within the two weeks. You have two weeks to see if you like it or not. At least I know someone having the same start day as me YAY!

tubbsy

Just caught up on all this and Luke-I am glad you've decided to go for it!
take this from a 39 year old who has a wonderful life but would have loved to have had this opportunity at your age ;)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

_Natalie_x

EEEE i love the magic forum !!  I WILL meet you guys in dlp one day i promise !!! :)  hhehehe and sean im only 17 still.. 18 in August so i'm going to this audition in July because the contract dates would fit round my age :)
i wish you the best of luck when you audition too and im sure your dream will come true if you want it enough :)

Luke thank goodness youve decided to go :P I hope you'll have the time of your life and you'll thank us someday for pushing you !!  :P

What are you guys doing to prepare for going.. Anyone having leaving parties ?? :D xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Yara

Hi everyone!

My name is Yara, i'm from the Netherlands, and i'll be auditioning 21st July in Paris!
I've read this entire topic, and i really can't wait (i already couldn't haha). I'm sooo looking forward to this. I lived in Paris the past year for 8months (august - april), and i really miss the city. And ofcourse, i love dancing, and entertaining children - for me, it makes Disney a wonderful place to work! I'm making myself a bit nervous, so it was really helpful to read al of your stories. I hope my audition will be succesful, and i'll keep you posted about that. Less than 3 weeks to go [-o< !

Love, Yara.

Ps; Nathalie i'll have my fingers crossed for you!

_Natalie_x

Thank you Yara, best of luck to you too I'm sure you'll do fantastic !! :D just remember..  SMILE !!! :D
Xxx
Here we are... <3[/b]

luke85

Talked to my boss today, who was lovely about me leaving, and said I could come back after DLP if they have any vacancies! She said it was great to be doing something I love and that I would be mad to pass up the opportunity :)

Confirmed with Daniel by e-mail, so I'm officially off to DLP! :D

Yara

Yeah i will. I'll be in my favorite city, can't be happier. So i just wonder; i've been reading those weird things, but what's the difference about all positions. Of course, face characters are look-a-likes, mostly princesses, which need a similar face to any of the requested persons. But i don't get the fact that all/some of them can be several performers, like dancer, costume performer, parade performer together?

I'm already thinking about the animation part lol. Here in Holland there's this stupid song about cowboys with some funny movements, so i think ill adapt some of those moves haha!

_Natalie_x

Oh luke i want to cry im so jealous :'( lolll congratulations though <3
Here we are... <3[/b]

itslewis

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Oh luke i want to cry im so jealous :'( lolll congratulations though <3

Don't be silly Nat, because you will join us soon! Think positive! Booking my Eurostar ticket tomorrow! I know about 2 people from my audition starting the same date as me which makes things easier. I'm so excited, still think about it every day haha i'm such a loser!

itslewis

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Oh luke i want to cry im so jealous :'( lolll congratulations though <3

Don't be silly Nat, because you will join us soon! Think positive! Booking my Eurostar ticket tomorrow! I know about 2 people from my audition starting the same date as me which makes things easier. I'm so excited, still think about it every day haha i'm such a loser!

itslewis

Quote from: "Yara"Yeah i will. I'll be in my favorite city, can't be happier. So i just wonder; i've been reading those weird things, but what's the difference about all positions. Of course, face characters are look-a-likes, mostly princesses, which need a similar face to any of the requested persons. But i don't get the fact that all/some of them can be several performers, like dancer, costume performer, parade performer together?

I'm already thinking about the animation part lol. Here in Holland there's this stupid song about cowboys with some funny movements, so i think ill adapt some of those moves haha!

Hi Yaya,

The two roles they cast you in are:

Costume Characters - Which means you're only suitable for Costume work.

Costume Character, Parade look-alike and parade performers - Which means you're suitable to do costume work (if you get through, everyone has to do this), look-alike which is obviously for people who look like certain characters and parade performer is someone who dances in the parades.

Hope that helps!

Lewis x