Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepianoman

So I've just had an email from Disneyland Paris saying unfortunately my application has not been successful. I'm so gutted that I didn't even get an interview!  :(  Is this common or do you think I was missing something on my CV they were looking for (I was applying for a service role, not a performer)

Ashe

Quote from: "nickyd"I attended the interview at Hammersmith earlier this month and after a week got what look likes a standard email saying that the interview was a success and they are looking for a job for me.

This is for one of the service jobs, not as a performer.

I showed it to my old man who is rather cynical and says it looks like a "holding" email designed to keep us waiting on the off-chance that there is a job or someone drops out at the last minute.  I told him I would ask if anyone had actually got a job after having such an email and how long it took.

It seems very mean to stop people applying for alternative work if this is really what the email is designed for?  Has anyone spoken to Noellie Boden about this or do you think that being pushy would be bad (this park may be based in France but they are after all, an American company!).

Thanks in advance - trying to concentrate on exams now but this keeps bugging me!!

I'm in the same position! I was kind of worried they'd forget about me because they have another recruitment day coming up so I emailed Noellie just as a polite "can you give me a rough date when I'll know what's happening". I'll let you know what the outcome is. I'm struggling to concentrate on my uni work because it's stressing me out (I hate not knowing things! I'm so stressed that I've broken out in spots D:) so I thought it was best to just ask about it. But I made sure to say that I know she has a lot of other applications to deal with and just let me know when she can so hopefully I don't come off as cheeky!

Also my dad said the same thing but I don't agree! I just think they have a lot of jobs to sort out! haha! I hope so anyway.

Best of luck!

QuoteSo I've just had an email from Disneyland Paris saying unfortunately my application has not been successful. I'm so gutted that I didn't even get an interview! :( Is this common or do you think I was missing something on my CV they were looking for (I was applying for a service role, not a performer)

Sorry to hear that :( Maybe it's because you're french wasn't strong enough? I wouldn't worry about it too much! Just keep applying and hope for the best one day :)

tinkerbell23

Hello Ashe,

I am new to the forum and I have seen that you mention that Disney are doing another recruitment day...where did did you find this information from? Do you know when and where it is taking place?

Hope you get the a response soon...exams are stressful enough!!!

RoryGibs

Hi everyone!
Just checking to see if anyone's starting around 11th July? Looks like it'll be an interesting summer!

tinkerbell23

Hey everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone who attended the auditions in Leeds/London for character performers a few weeks ago has heard anything about getting the job?

SophieBelle

HELLOO!!
I was at the leeds audition, and ive heard nothing :( i know a few people who where also at the audition who have added me on facebook also haven't heard anything :(
Have you?

SophieBelle
xxx

miss_loocy

Quote from: "RoryGibs"Hi everyone!
Just checking to see if anyone's starting around 11th July? Looks like it'll be an interesting summer!

I'm starting on 4th July! Really looking forward to it! :)
When you working till?

itslewis

Hey everyone, it's been a VERY long time since I've posted on here! Hope your all well  :D

I'm going back to work for Disney (Character & Parade) on the 27th May, anyone else got the same date?

Lewis.

MerryHappy

Quote from: "miss_loocy"I start 4th July and finish 5th September. Im working in 'restaurantation', so not entirely sure what that entails. I'm really looking forward to it too. You from uk? Getting the eurostar there?

Nope I'm from Ireland so I have to fly over!

RoryGibs

Quote from: "miss_loocy"

When you working till?

I'm working until 6th September I think, so basically the entire summer!
What kind of job are you working? My contracts for a shop assistant in the boutiques.

nickyd

You guys who are working are very lucky.  It has now been over a month since the interview at Hammersmith.  I realise they gave themselves 2 months to look for something but my house is certainly not the happiest place in the world at present.

I notice that Noellie Boden has upped her privacy settings on Facebook - I wonder why?

Ashe

Quote from: "nickyd"You guys who are working are very lucky.  It has now been over a month since the interview at Hammersmith.  I realise they gave themselves 2 months to look for something but my house is certainly not the happiest place in the world at present.

I notice that Noellie Boden has upped her privacy settings on Facebook - I wonder why?

I know the feeling :( I went from being really excited to just feeling so sad they're saying nothing. I emailed Noellie 2 weeks ago and had nothing back when she's apparently usually quite good at replying quickly. Even if they're not giving me a place I'd kind of like to know, especially when they said they'd give you a Halloween or Christmas offer.

miss_loocy

Quote from: "RoryGibs"
Quote from: "miss_loocy"

When you working till?

I'm working until 6th September I think, so basically the entire summer!
What kind of job are you working? My contracts for a shop assistant in the boutiques.

Yeah, you've got a similar contract to me, I'm working till 5th September. Think I'm working in a restaurant, or a cafe. My actual job title is like, 'employee du restauration'. Hmm!

miss_loocy

Quote from: "nickyd"You guys who are working are very lucky.  It has now been over a month since the interview at Hammersmith.  I realise they gave themselves 2 months to look for something but my house is certainly not the happiest place in the world at present.

Don't give up hope yet, they didn't get back to me for about a month, so there's still chance :)

Vegitabeta

I wish I knew French!  I'm learning, slowly.  I talked to Noellie a few months back, she was asking when I could start etc, and I was just so sad when I told her I couldn't speak French well enough :(  How did any of you English guys and gals learn it if you don't mind me asking, 'cos I'm struggling!