Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cap'njack

Anyone going to London on Friday who wants a familiar face can add me on Facebook...Johnny Lincoln...profile pic is me in a checked shirt on the London Eye  :)

thepianoman

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to this forum but I've found it really interesting reading some of your stories about auditions!
The reason I've joined the forum is that I've just submitted my CV through the casting website for the UK Recruitment for the Resort, Sales and Hospitality roles.  :)

If anyone has had experience of working/applying for Disney for non character roles- especially someone who's been to a casting event/interview who could tell me anything (however trivial) about the process, I'd love to hear back  :D

cap'njack

Good luck with your application! I haven't had any experience I'm afraid...my French isn't good enough for any of those roles lol!

Oh anyone who went to Leeds...were there many guys there? Thanks

Johnny

CharlottexBelle

Quote from: "lostinawonderland"So many congratulations Smallblond and SophieBelle!!!!  That's amazing news!

I've been following this thread for a little while, and my friend and I are attending the London audition this thursday and were wondering if you could give us any advice from your experience today at the Leeds audition?

Was the animation sequence still cowboy-pirate-dwarf-villain-princess-yourself?

What sort of things does the dance consist of, and is it terribly long?

Many, many thanks!

Random, but did you add me on facebook? Someone has and i'm not sure if it's related to Disney auditions or not!

thepianoman

Quote from: "cap'njack"Good luck with your application! I haven't had any experience I'm afraid...my French isn't good enough for any of those roles lol!

Johnny

This is actually something I wondered- how good does your French have to be?

I studied French up to GCSE, and can probably relearn a lot of it- but probably only to quite a basic conversational level.  :?

jennjennzo

Just back from Leeds. What an amazing experience! I got the same point as SophieBelle. On the waiting list hoping for a call. I am a bit upset I wasn't put in the mickey/minnie line as i'm only just too tall for the height range but I'm still hopeful. Yes there were quite a few guys there and most seemed to get through. They were looking for a lot of Princes i think. Also I know they put a few of the girls down to do fitting as Tinkerbell. I love the whole day and just hope I get the call.

Congrats to all the others who got through and good luck london people!

cap'njack

Quote from: "thepianoman"
Quote from: "cap'njack"Good luck with your application! I haven't had any experience I'm afraid...my French isn't good enough for any of those roles lol!

Johnny

This is actually something I wondered- how good does your French have to be?

I studied French up to GCSE, and can probably relearn a lot of it- but probably only to quite a basic conversational level.  :?

For the positions you have applied for they say 'conversational' French is needed...I'm not really sure what you class as conversational but I guess if you could answer the sort of questions the typical hotel guest would ask then I would imagine you would be ok :)

cap'njack

Congrats Jennjennzo :)

Did you notice if there were many guys at your audition? And did they cast a Jack Sparrow?

Johnny

SophieBelle

Good luck all those going to london!!! Let us know how you get on!!! Smile and be youself im sure you will be fabulous!!!!                  Love sophiebelle xxxxx

cap'njack

Good luck to everyone going to London today :)

Johnny

Naveen02

Yeah good luck to everyone going today!!

Going tomorrow- so excited/nervous/absolutely terrified.

cap'njack

Quote from: "Naveen02"Going tomorrow- so excited/nervous/absolutely terrified.

Good luck tomorrow...If you see someone quietly sobbing to themselves in a corner then it will be me lol!

Naveen02

Quote from: "cap'njack"
Quote from: "Naveen02"Going tomorrow- so excited/nervous/absolutely terrified.

Good luck tomorrow...If you see someone quietly sobbing to themselves in a corner then it will be me lol!

Hahah I'll take note of that! I'll probably be the same!

Good luck for tomorrow! I'm sure you'll do fine. :)

SophieBelle

good luck good luck.. :D let us know how it goes :)
Sophiebelle xxxx

cap'njack

Thanks...I'll let you all know how it goes.

If anyone uses Twitter I'm Disney_Pirate on there...I'm going to try and tweet live updates if you wanna follow along :)