how busy is the parks christmas week

Started by carrydee44, December 21, 2015, 05:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carrydee44

Hi just wondering first time to do actual Christmas and I am wondering how busy the parks are this week in light of certain events that have happened recently wondering has this impacted on business.  As remember last year that parks were to capacity and was posted nearly every day????
Hotel Ny 1998
Newport bay Jan 2006
Santa fe    oct 2006
Disneyland hotel jan 2008
Newport Bay oct 2008
Cheyenne Jan 2009
Cheyenne Sept 2009
Newport Bay November 2010
New York Oct 2011
Cheyenne November 2012
New York Oct 2013
Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Jan 2015
Kyriad October 2015
Hi Park Serris December 2015
Sejours Et Affaires Rive Gauche Dec 2016

DLPWonders (Banned)

Extremely busy.
It's every year the busiest week of the year.
Last year the park hit capacity every Saturday in December.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

bucksmum

We have been in the parks Saturday, Subday and today, Monday.  It is very busy.  Long lines even for less popular attractions.  Use EMH if you can and fastpass where possible, but be prepared for long waits.

onceuponadream

Can back up what bucksmum said. We were there from last Wed, and the crowds just ramped up from Saturday onwards. Incredibly busy at the moment so I'd recommend booking restaurants etc. in advance and figuring out what you'd like to do the most as you'll need to use your time wisely.
December 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2018 - Newport Bay Club

littlebitofpixiedust

I can only imagine the closer it gets to Christmas the busier it is, but we went 13-16 dec sun-wed and found it relatively quiet. But of course now the schools broken up.

The sundaywe spent in the studios and I don't no wether everyone was over at the main park or what but tower of terror was a 5min wait in the evening and crush 30 min wait. I was surprised at this as expected it to be heaving.

There are lots of things you can do to free up time like posted above, fast pass, get to extra magic hours at 8am, reserve your meals, take snacks/drinks in yor bag for long waits this saves money and time Queing up at food stalls ect. Have a brilliant time all who are visiting DLP over the Christmas break!