Overwhelming Blues

Started by Ohana, November 22, 2015, 10:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohana

So I arrived home last night and I swear leaving the parks was one of the hardest things I've had to do. I was wondering if anyone else gets like this because I felt absolutely ridiculous. On our last full day I cried during dreams, and I had a bit of an emotional breakdown in Au Chalet over my chicken nuggets and chips where I couldn't even talk without bursting into tears.

I have no idea why this happened as I had the best time of my life and have got a truckload of photos and souvenirs to keep the magic alive for months to come, but it's just breaking my heart that I won't be hearing the Christmas music of Main Street, or seeing the sparkling beauty of the castle, or getting hugs off Mickey, and the real world seems so bleak in comparison.

I feel like I sound like a spoilt dramatic brat, I'm really not, I just want to know if anyone else gets these feelings?

Oh and also, because I had these feelings, my boyfriend suggested we go for our 25th birthdays next year instead of New York, which I agreed to in a heartbeat - I've well and truly got the bug now!
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

chrisvalentine

believe me when I say your not alone I cry everytime im there and when we go in 2 weeks it will be trip 78 for me im nearly 35 years old and the place still has the same magic as it was for me all the way back in 92, I cry a dreams in the tangled section ,its a horable feeling coming home , if you put into you you Disneyland paris main street Christmas loop you will find the Christmas music from main street , xxxxx

Zee79

Quote from: chrisvalentine on November 22, 2015, 11:22:14 AM
believe me when I say your not alone I cry everytime im there and when we go in 2 weeks it will be trip 78 for me im nearly 35 years old and the place still has the same magic as it was for me all the way back in 92, I cry a dreams in the tangled section ,its a horable feeling coming home , if you put into you you Disneyland paris main street Christmas loop you will find the Christmas music from main street , xxxxx

I'm 36 & it feels more magical now than when I went in 1992. I get so excited about going & hate it when leaving. I need my Disney fix haha so much yesterday I had to visit a Disney shop :-)

littlebitofpixiedust

Your not alone!! I'm the same the only thing that keeps me going is looking forward or planning the next trip!
I'm 28 and have been going since opening, but in the last 6 years alone since having my son (now 7) I have been at least 20 times.

And the magic still is very much alive!

seraphelle

I've welled up a bit reading your post because you are most certainly not alone. I got home Friday evening and my last day I cried a few times. I cried yesterday when family asked if we'd managed to enjoy our break despite the atrocities that happened whilst we were away. I cried an hour ago when I was telling my friend how everyone cheered and clapped with the word PEACE was displayed on the castle during dreams.

I've always loved disney and I always wanted to go to disneyland, but I was still cynical before my first trip thinking that it would be great for the kids but that I probably wouldn't get much from it. It's me who gets excited and does all the planning, it's me who insists we can afford it and reigns in the finances, it's me that bounces around like a kid on Christmas morning at the thought of being back there.

It's magical, and it touches your heart in such a special way.  I'm currently lying in bed watching Peter Pan with my Mickey fantastia blanket on my bed, and my new lumiere lit up next to me. I don't think I'm childish, or immature (as I sometimes get called), I think I'm lucky to have something I enjoy that I can share with my children.

You are definitely not alone xxx
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

samuelvictor

I definitely feel like you. And (if it makes any difference whatsoever) I'm a 34 year old father of two teenagers. I mean, I don't cry but I definitely get way more internally upset than seems appropraite, and as soon as I'm home I'm plotting as to when and how we can return  ??? Its just such a happy place and I love sharing it all with my family and not worrying about work or other stresses. Like otehrs I was cynical before our first visit, but once there the first time I definitely "got it". Since then we've been back multiple times, become shareholders, and I probably spend way too much on books, pin badges, coins, clothes, mugs and other merchandise on ebay inbetween trips :P

twentythingamabobs

You're not alone! I got all excited earlier that our trip is 4 weeks today and so close... Then immediately got sad thinking but that means it's nearly over :( spend my whole life wishing time away til our next Disney trip but at the same time not wanting it to come cos then it'll be over!

stifle

I have the same type of attachment. My wife doesn't especially care for the rides, the park, or the characters so it's all about me when I go. We both go on separate holidays occasionally when there is something specific either of us wants to do – and for me I'm always looking for friends to travel with to DLRP, because it's less fun on your own.

Mileto

Another one in the blues. I even have tears now reading all you emotions!

I am happy for my upcoming trip, but at the same time I am already sad thinking of it's end and knowing that I have to keep the magic for at least 2 years!

I'll cry when we enter the hotel, I'll cry when we enter the park for first time, at Dreams having the feeling that we are there, 3 of us, my beloved family, I'll cry at the end, saying good bye.
My daughter is such a wonderful chearful child, she makes joke with me that she'll stop my water, so I'll dehidrate and can't get the tears  ;D ;D ;D She asks me - please don't cry, I am so happy, I don't want you to be sad.  :( :( :( The fact is that she begins to cry with me, so if I am crying it's easier for her to resist.

So, don't feel guilty, these are good emotions, sometimes it's hard to meet such people in everyday life, keep it like this, it's precious!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Ohana

Thanks everyone I'm glad I'm not alone and I'm glad I'm not the only one so touched by the magic. I'd hate to be one of those people who just does DLP to tick off a box and sees it as just another holiday. I'm glad that I love it so much that the thought of Disney world just doesn't appeal to me, and that my plans for LA and Vegas have gone out of the window in aid of more DLP trips :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

Mileto

I don't see anything exciting in LA and Vegas, but that just a personal point of view like many other things. We people are different in our passions. In USA I found much interesting Vermont, Albany area, Oregon, Mound Shasta, Crater Lake ... as you see more natural views not so much luxury and overcrowded cities.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

sarahh83

you are most defo not alone! im welling up thinking about my last day already!! i had the thought of coming home ... to me that place is home! its where im my happiest!
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs